RGV | Data · Weak signal

Go to solution
Accomplice

RGV | Data · Weak signal

RGV | S L O W · D A T A · W E A K· LTE
For the past 2 months, my data has been extremely slow in my area (Hidalgo County, TX). I am beyond frustrated at this point, and currently contemplating switch providers. I've had this service plan for more than a couple years, never had issues before. I would appreciate the issue to be addressed and resolved in an appropriate and timely manner. Thanks in advanced.
E L S A, T E X A S | 9 5 6
See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Groupie

Re: RGV | Data · Weak signal

Good looks homie...and ima check out that metro deal too..i jus had my wife switch over frm metro to boost bcuz i was hypin them up..so she lost her good service for this boost **bleep**...
10 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Data | signal

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue,Rsonn86. Can you send us a DM with your phone # so we can take a closer look?

Accomplice

Service is still trash. I been paying for unlimited data with boost; and it seems as if im limited, and my internet speeds have been reduced. Very unsatisfied customer. I want my money back, ive submitted reports thru the boost hub, reset my network, and even performed the steps provided through these forums. Still no luck. I really want my money back. I pay for services which i haven't received for more that 3 months! Fix the issue or lose customers
Agent

Hi there sonn3n86. We’d be happy to help, but we could use more info. Please send us a private message with the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs to be able to research further? Victor21

Groupie

I live in hollywood florida..ive been payin $60 unlimited to the now $50 unlimited and neva had unlimited data or speeds..i brag about boost to **bleep** near everybody i kno and work with..i even convinced my wife to switch over..but its not worth it anymore. The service is not great at all..not even better than metro, and metro pcs sucks! I dnt kno if these issues can be fixed bcuz if they could i think, they would have been addresses insteaf of waitin to hear comments and complaints frm customers..ill be switchin to something more stable no matter the price bcuz its gonna be better than wat ive been accustomed to for these couple of years with boost..i dnt kno how to DM u guys so if u reply please give me that info.
Agent

Hi Keezymf!

We'd like to review your coverage status and see if there's any way we can improve your service through this channel. Please tap on an agent's name and select the option "Send this User a Private Message" on the profile page. Also, we need to have your address, phone number and pin. We're at your service!

EdwinRG

Accomplice

**TROUBLESHOOTING FAILED ! **
--
--
Thank You Boost_MasielQ,
Unfortunately the troubleshooting steps did not fix the issue.

Private Message
2 weeks ago

Ah – gotcha. We will just need you to please perform these basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Enter ##72786#. on keypad then press OK.
2. When SCRTN is change to factory default value for DSA message appears, select Yes.
3. The device power cycles.
4. Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically.
◦Note: If you accidently hit Cancel, or Hands Free Activation does not automatically start, please power cycle the device.
5. After PRL is updated, select OK.
6. Select OK if there is a profile or firmware update.
7. The device will power cycle again.
8. When it powers on, the data services would have been reset.

This will ensure that your device will be working. If this does not work we will be needing to perform a factory reset on the device.

**Steps DID NOT Work!!**
Accomplice

Well Keezymf... You are sho right. If they could fix the issue, they would have. And quiet frankly, I'm no longer sticking around to find out if they do. So there's a sweet deal with MetroPCS: When you switch to MetroPCS you get 2 FREE Phones. More Memory. Bigger Screen. Better Camera. A Reliable 4G LTE Network. 2 Lines of Unlimited 4G LTE Data for $75. T-Mobile Network. Wasn't a hard decision. Right now I'm running 4G LTE 4/5bars; not too shabby compared to yesterday's Boost network which was extremely slow. Out with the old, and in with the new. 2 New lines, 2 New Phones. My lady decided on the LG K20 Plus, so i picked the ZTE ZMax Pro which is performing great.
•Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS
•Fingerprint Sensor
•6" Full High Definition (FHD) •Touchscreen Display
•13MP autofocus camera with LED flash and digital image stabilization + 5MP front-facing camera
•32GB ROM / 2GB RAM.
As people say ”Im Gucci" lol. Oh yea, One more thing... be careful when you call Boost customer care and ask for your account number... The representativs are known to give people a hard time. The one I spoke with didn't want to give me my account number, she avoided my question, ignored it the second time and completely disregard it the 3rd time. She was very adamant about keeping me as a customer, she attempted to match other carriers prices, and even offered 20 USD to add to my account. Maybe I could've negotiated and accepted the offers, but then again it would've been the same network, same Internet/slow data problem. So instead I asked for my account number a 4th time, and she finally placed me on hold and was very easy going and provided what I asked for. Almost got me upset enough to hang up, so just be aware. Good Luck out there in Florida 'Hollywood'!
Groupie

Good looks homie...and ima check out that metro deal too..i jus had my wife switch over frm metro to boost bcuz i was hypin them up..so she lost her good service for this boost **bleep**...
Enthusiast

I have chatted before about my signal and data being weak. This is my last month with Boost. I have to turn my phone on CDMA in order to get videos to play, yet I'm paying for 4GLTE. Either contact me via message ASAP or I'm going back to Metro