Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Phone and Internet at the same time

Highlighted
Accomplice

Phone and Internet at the same time

I am really mad that with boost you can't be on the phone absinthe internet at the same time. That sucks they to make this happen
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Phone and Internet at the same time

If I am correct Cricket and MetroPCS allow it.
Highlighted

Hello, leewallace2779 and Fard0527! Sorry for the late reply! Unfortunately, Boost Mobile doesn't offer simultaneous use of voice and data services over the network.

We want to provide our customers with the best experience at the lowest cost. Boost phones let you talk on the Boost network while also using data on a Wi-Fi connection.

This phone configuration provides the best battery life and the highest LTE data speeds at the lowest cost to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hozuki_Robert

Highlighted

Nearly EVERY OTHER CARRIER allows it. Just not this one. DOn't go boost mobile. Switch.

Highlighted

This concept to me entirely makes no sense.. Boost's data plans actually start off costing more than its respective competitors. Metro's data plans start at 30 and If im not mistaken, Cricket's start at the same.. Boost mobile plans start at 35... So how is it that we get less yet pay more?
Highlighted

It's bull crap that y'all DON'T tell your customers this ahead of time!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Best option I have found since Sprint/Boost has not fully deployed Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) is that I use Google Hangouts (Google Voice) for outbound calling... this forces the call to go over a data connection (WiFi or LTE) thereby preserving your ability to use data at the same time as you talk.