No service

Accomplice

No service

My phone has been without service for 2 days now!!! My bill gets paid with reboost every month so its not because I haven’t paid my bill. I have tried multiple times to reset network and still no service. I can’t do anything without using wifi right now please help
12 REPLIES 12
Agent

Sorry to hear that, Blaz4Daz1018. Please send us a private message with the account phone number and pin code.

Accomplice

Ok i will but i forgot my pin
Accomplice

So ive been out of service since Sunday and yesterday my service came back for a few hrs and then gone, now i have no service everywhere i normally have service (which is in town where i work and need it the most), and i only get partial service at home (which is normal) I was told you are working on the problem and my service should return soon. Wondering if the problem has been fixed or is it still being being worked on?
Agent

Hello, @Blaz4Daz1018. Thanks for reaching out. Definitely want to take a look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we can check. 

~Nosh_CxUx
Accomplice

Same thing happened to me.
Accomplice

Yall need to be sorry for the crazy service.
Accomplice

Here i go again trying to get answers about why my phone still has no service everywhere i go? I am tired of being told we have our technicians looking into the problem in your area. Seriously ive been without a phone since the last week of September, how long is it going to take to finish? 98245
Agent

Thank you for reaching out to us, Blaz4Daz1018.  We’re aware our customers are experiencing difficulties with voice and data services. Our team is working diligently to restore service to full capacity soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Accomplice

Wow look same answer, i have been with Boost Mobile a very long time and this is the first time i have ever wanted to change service providers, I better get prorated for the time I haven’t had service