Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

No data connection on Galaxy S20

Highlighted
Enthusiast

No data connection on Galaxy S20

Yesterday I bought the Galaxy S20 directly from the Boost Mobile site and successfully swapped/activated it this morning. I'm able to send and receive texts and make phone calls, but I cannot connect to the internet without WiFi. I tried cycling Airplane Mode and clearing the general settings and network settings. but it didn't help.  Under SIM card status, it says that the mobile state is unavailable. 

Is there anything I can do about this short of returning the phone and jumping carriers? It's extremely frustrating , 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: No data connection on Galaxy S20

Same problem here. Can’t get anyone on the phone any more. The only thing that helped one time was to reset network connections when I talked to a Samsung rep. We also have a new phone and we can’t activate it. Major network problems. Got switched to boost from virgin mobile and so far we hate it!!!
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yeah I'm done with this company, it's been nothing but problem after problem. It's infuriating that I just dropped $900 on a brand new phone and can't use it. I'm switching to another carrier and selling this phone ASAP. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have the same problem.  Got my phone yesterday in the mail. I set it up fine, but it refuses to connect to data. Wi-fi works fine.  I contacted Samsung and they did remote access and could not find any issues.  When comparing my s8 to my s20 I noticed that under Settings-Connections-Mobile Network-Access Point Names there are two options and neither are selected, but on my s8 one of the options was selected.  I also noticed the information under Settings-About Phone-Status-Sim Card Status that the information between the two were different.  The network is named Virgin Mobile and the Mobile network state say disconnected and on the status page the ip address shows unavailable.  This is driving me insane and I've been on hold for over 30 minutes with Boost. I plan on going to UbreakIfix since they deal with samsung and have them check it out or maybe a boost store if either is even open with all that is going on. Ugh. Never has an issue with my s8...