No coverage despite the map and reconfiguration?

Accomplice

No coverage despite the map and reconfiguration?

I know some people who became very upset with their lack of coverage. It was extremely important, but it just wasn't working. I live in the same area and my coverage is fine. We updated their profile, and reconfigured the phone, but nothing seemed to work. The phone they were trying to use was the Samsung J7 Refine.

Does anyone have any insight to why this might be?

6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Re: No coverage despite the map and reconfiguration?

Hi there benevolentboost. Some customers might be within a location which is known as ( Blind spots). As well it could be the phone or configuration of the device. We would need to verify with their exact address to confirm. Victor21

Accomplice

They were having issues within most areas within Warrensburg and Windsor Missouri. Traveling for work and whatnot. I wish I could give a specific address, but I cannot. I just know that I personally do get service fine in Warrensburg. I won't be upset if I never find the answer to this mystery, but I would really like to satisfy my curiosity. It's just really bugging me. The people I know who are having issues don't seem to have much choice but to go to another carrier. I wonder if it's something they're doing with their phones that has made it mess up? I'm just baffled. Thanks for your time.

Groupie

I have the same phone, and I had the same problem. I travelled home to central PA for the holiday and absolutely nowhere at any of the places I stopped did I have any data coverage. I couldn't even receive photo texts until I returned home today. All the way through PA until I got into NY my phone showed No Data Coverage on my google maps GPS directions home (good thing I know the way by heart...) So I don't think it's address based. I was a bit steamed when I got home and checked the coverage map that the entire area shows solid coverage, and yet I couldn't access data at all! I showed 1 bar for the entirety of my time away, occasionally showing Roaming. It was very difficult trying to share holiday pictures and meetup times when I couldn't access data!

Moreover, I work in zip code 14150 and I have NO coverage there either. If I didn't have wifi at work I would be completely out of luck. It's like the entire town is a dead zone. Can't access the internet at the grocery store to check recipes to make sure I'm getting everything on my list ... can't access google maps to make sure I don't miss a turn... nothing. That has been the case SINCE SUMMER.

I called my bank today and the woman could hardly hear me and it was so scratchy that the called dragged on 3 times longer while we struggled to hear each other.  She commented that other people in my area had been struggling the same way, too! I'll bet they were all Boost customers.

I'm not sure why I am getting almost no service? The lack of coverage near my work was also the case on my previous phone, as I only upgraded to the Samsung J7 Refine in October. So I'm having a hard time believing it's the device itself.

I'm really not interested in going back to an overpriced Verizon plan (they used to charge me over $90 a month for a single line and limited data!!) but even that is preferable to having no data almost anywhere unless there is wifi.

Agent

Hi, iphigeneia. We’re aware of an outage impacting our customers. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Groupie

Hi Fonsy, Thanks for confirming the outage. Is there any way to get general updates about known regional outages for the network? Or should I just wait and hope it eventually gets better? Searching for outages doesn't get any real official confirmation and I can't actually call right now to ask as apparently I am roaming at home again.

Highlighted
Agent

You can contact us for an update, iphigeneia.