No Service/Update Required (iPhone 7)

Go to solution
Accomplice

No Service/Update Required (iPhone 7)

Hello... Hope you can help. My daughter got a used iPhone 7 running IOS 12+ (latest version) approx 1 mo ago from Boost. As of 7 or 8pm today her phone began displaying "Searching" &/or "No Service" where the network info should be. No outages that I know of in our area (zip 846663), as my Boost service works fine & her BF's Sprint service is working as well. Have tried both soft & hard reset, resetting the network settings via the General Settings menu, but the Cellular page appears blank or says "update needed". I've attempted both the radio reset & service update thru the ##___# options, but nothing happens when I hit call. Apple support suggested to go to Carrier on About  page & press to update, which says "Boost 35" (& "Not available" next to Network) which also does nothing. I will be calling support ASAP but since they are closed I was hoping there may be another easy fix I may have missed that someone can suggest?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: No Service/Update Required (iPhone 7)

That did not help. Boost also updated and checked all carrier settings from their end. Apparently many of the iPhone 7s have a problem with what Apple called the "logic port", I don't know if that is the SIM reader or what exactly, but it is a manufacturers defect. Luckily her phone is still under the 90 day warranty & I am taking it to the nearest Apple Store & receiving a loaner phone while they repair hers. So for other iPhone 7 owners I'd suggest finding out if your device is possibly one of the defective phones before there is an issue if you are still covered under warranty.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Hey there! So sorry for the inconvenience. Is the iPhone model A1660? Also, verify if the SIM card number (ICCD) is showing under settings. 

Accomplice

The model says MNC02LL/A and I see the IMEI and MEID listed but no ICCD.

Can you please verify if the SIM card is inside the device?

Accomplice

Yes, under the regulatory info it says the model is A1660.
Highlighted

Understood Can you please verify if the SIM card is inside?

Accomplice

Yes.
Accomplice

Yes, the SIM is in the phone...
Agent

@LayniC: We understand. Please turn the phone off, remove the SIM card and, with a piece of soft fabric, wipe the metal part lightly, re-insert and power back on. Please keep us updated with the results.

Accomplice

That did not help. Boost also updated and checked all carrier settings from their end. Apparently many of the iPhone 7s have a problem with what Apple called the "logic port", I don't know if that is the SIM reader or what exactly, but it is a manufacturers defect. Luckily her phone is still under the 90 day warranty & I am taking it to the nearest Apple Store & receiving a loaner phone while they repair hers. So for other iPhone 7 owners I'd suggest finding out if your device is possibly one of the defective phones before there is an issue if you are still covered under warranty.

View solution in original post