Got my phone that I ordered from the boost mobile website yesterday in the mail. A Samsung Galaxy S8 5g and I set it up fine, but it refuses to connect to data. Wi-fi works fine. I contacted Samsung and they did remote access and could not find any issues. When comparing my s8 to my s20 I noticed that under Settings-Connections-Mobile Network-Access Point Names there are two options and neither are selected, but on my s8 one of the options was selected. I also noticed the information under Settings-About Phone-Status-Sim Card Status that the information between the two were different. The network is named Virgin Mobile and the Mobile network state say disconnected and on the status page the ip address shows unavailable. This is driving me insane and I've been on hold for over 30 minutes with Boost. I plan on going to UbreakIfix since they deal with samsung and have them check it out or maybe a boost store if either is even open with all that is going on. Ugh. Never has an issue with my s8.
*Edit* Finally got through to someone at Boost and they said that they are upgrading the network and that is why I cannot connect, but before activating the phone yesterday, the internet on my s8 worked fine. Kind of odd.
1) Went to a UbreakIfix which is a samsung care authorized repair shop and there was nothing they could do because they don't have any software for the S20 yet.
2) Went to a Boost Mobile store and was told they couldn't do anything either and was told that their phones were working.
3) After all that, I called Boost Mobile and sat on hold for almost 2 hours till my phone just. about died and had to hang up.
I forgot to mention that ##72786# does not work on my phone.
This is beyond ridiculous. I was with Virgin Mobile for years and never once did I have an issue or had reason to call them.