No Call/Text Issue

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

No Call/Text Issue

So since Boost can't seem to tell the truth to us, here's some information that I've come across.

Part of the Sprint-TMobile merger is that Sprint would have to drop to Boost; thus Dish is supposed to be picking Boost up. How long will this take, according to "Bobby" (Boost Mobile Agent); they should be done on the 13th at 9am CST.

Now why was this so difficult for them to tell us other than marketing and trying to keep customers so they won't go out of business, idk. I feel like the truth would've done us better.

Anyway, I've had no call or text service for almost a week now; I have a patient who lives in the same neighborhood as I and their phone works perfectly fine. This is unacceptable and unfair for this company to not let us all know what's happening further more to not provide an alternative until they get it together is just disrespectful and a slap in the face to their customers. I've been with this company for over 10yrs and I'm thinking this may be my last go-round with this company.

As for customer service, why constantly say wait "24-48" or "48-72" hours if that's not the case. Again, if I was told the truth, I would've linked all my calls to my landline earlier and avoided some of the issues I've been facing during this transition. I think that we've all been very nice and patient during this transition but I also know that we deserve better and the snarky CSR's need to be retrained on customer service. Of course you're going to have irate customers call/text you, you would be upset as well paying for a service you can't use and with no explanation, but don't take it out on the customers who are being patient AND DON'T LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

This may get taken down or read only by the community, but it needed to be said.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

This is the clearest info I have gotten thus far, and I agree 100%. If I had known about a possible downtime/outage in advance, I'd have been able to prepare.
I can get calls, and texts but barely any data. (Which means my hotspot doesn't work either)
My business depends on having internet access and many people are working from home or attending classes remotely. It's unacceptable to not let us know in advance.- HAD we been told, the techs wouldn't have to waste time walking us through solutions that don't work.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Accomplice

This is the clearest info I have gotten thus far, and I agree 100%. If I had known about a possible downtime/outage in advance, I'd have been able to prepare.
I can get calls, and texts but barely any data. (Which means my hotspot doesn't work either)
My business depends on having internet access and many people are working from home or attending classes remotely. It's unacceptable to not let us know in advance.- HAD we been told, the techs wouldn't have to waste time walking us through solutions that don't work.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm glad I can help, if I learn anything new I will post it so that we all can stay abreast to the situation. Stay blessed😁
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thank you, vstewart2008!

That's been the clearest information I've heard about their so called "cell tower upgrade." I'm so sick of hearing, give us 24-72 hours to resolve the issues, when 72 hours has come and gone 72 hours ago!

I agree, Boost should have been upfront and honest about this issue and time line for resolution. I myself have been a customer for over 10 years and feel like I've been treated unfairly. I will definitely be looking into getting Verizon or AT&T at this point.

Highlighted
Accomplice

So, I have an update from some one who works at an actual store. Depending on the phone you have you are either on the old network or you're on the "New Extended Network". If you go to settings > connections > network and you see VoLTE you are on the "New Extended Network" and you shouldn't have any issues. However, if you are not you have a few options
Option 1: Purchase a new phone (this comes with a new plan as well as the updated network)
Option 2: Go to another company that services your area (this is directly from the gentleman's mouth at the actual store)
The reason is and I quote "because even if you update your current phone on a new plan, it still will not work as well. Plus you'll have a 53 gigs cap on your data verses the unlimited you have now."
This nice gentleman also informed me that the company did not tell any of them what was happening which has caused even more issues, especially for those that work in actual stores.
Anyways, I just wanted to update you all so that you can make an informed decision.
Good Luck!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Sorry double posted because data doesn't work!!!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated. Seems like I'm on the older network
I won't be able to 'unlock' this phone until next month, when it is officially a year old.
Unfortunately the only other choices I have in my area are Verizon (bad out here when storms hit) and ...At&t (Owned by....Dish)
Will have to settle for one of the two but it's a shame, as Boost has been great until now. I used to have Tmobile, and loved them, but I had to switch when I moved -6 years ago, their service was nonexistent here.
Highlighted
Accomplice

No problem at all. I feel the same Boost was great until now. I myself am doing research on Tmobile and Verizon where I live, my patients are too important to me to have a not so dependable network. I hope things work out for you though.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Good info!!!

I've had issues since midweek last and I've been a Virgin Mobile and now Boostmobile customer for over 7+ years and never had a problem till last week after the remnants of hurricane isaias came through the DC/Baltimore area. Sent PM as suggested and all the replies possible fixes were appreciated but no joy no matter what we tried. The only place my service did not function properly was when I was inside my own house!!! It would roam and no chance to pick up LTE and 3G/1x was extraordinarily slow. But if I was away from home I was able to pick up LTE and cell service. 

Stumbled onto your post here, and like magic, service is back to normal as of last night, the 12th 9:00PM EST.  I have my fingers crossed... Thanks, for the info, it was settling and logical...

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I still don't have service. I'm switching over to Tmobile after work tonight. It has now been a week since I lost cell service, and Boost Facebook and support all claim the same issues - "We are upgrading a tower in your area." or "We have a tower down in your area." No one is providing actual answers or timeline for restoration. I'm tired of getting the run around from Boost. They've lost my long time business relationship because they couldn't notify its customers of their plan and options for resolution. Very inconsiderate and completely lacking customer service. I'm going to be sure to write horrible reviews on the lack of respect for its customers. I hope Tmobile can provider better service.