New phone is already activated

Highlighted

New phone is already activated

I just purchased a brand new phone through the BoostUp program. It took 4 days to arrive, and when I tried to activate online the page would not load, so I contacted a representative and was told that my phone is already activated. To a phone number that technically doesn't exist (000-000-2805)

Since this number doesn't exist, the pin doesn't either and the account cannot be deactivated.

I was told I would be contacted in 48-72hrs, which is a horrible amount of time to wait for someone who's previous phone unexpectedly stopped working, and had purchased a new phone which took several days to arrive. (As if the Samsung S9 wasn't available at any local boost mobile retailer!🙄)

Is this issue uncommon?
I have had horrible experience with boost mobile within the past year with data service alone and horrible customer service. (As in the company would rather waste someones time, or leave someone with an unresolved issue.. than to reimburse a customer or send a replacement for an obviously faulty product.)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

That's definitely not okay. So sorry to hear about this experience, Jessiree. Let's do some investigating. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and SIM card numbers from your new phone? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have a problem to like this i got a boost Mobile LG Stylo 4 off eBay when i tried to get service for this phone the boost Mobile web site said the phone already had an account tied to it the seller who me the phone said they got the from a lot of phones that were salvaged the phone didn’t have any SIM card in it how can i get the deactivated from that account so i can active it the is has not been reported lost or stolen it just the account holder didn’t take it off their account
Highlighted

Hey there, Alton28! If you do not have the account information to remove the device from it. We won't be able to transfer your service to the device. After the account is completely cancelled then you will be. But in the meantime it will not be possible without the phone number and PIN that's linked to the device.