Moved back to Sprint Network and getting sporadic service

Highlighted
Promoter

Moved back to Sprint Network and getting sporadic service

I tried out the "Expanded Network" which turns out is just T-Mobile towers. Boost failed to mention that I am in a dead-spot for those towers so I had to switch back to my usual network. Now that I am back on my usual network my service spikes up and down while my phone is in one spot. THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE I SWITCHED TO AND FROM THE EXPANDED NETWORK.

I use the app "Network Cell Info Lite" which measures your service in real time. I leave my phone in one spot while using the Hotspot feature to play online with my Playstation 4. While the phone is sitting still it can go from 104 dBm all the way up to 117 dBm at random. I can be fine for an entire day and than at night it will be at 117 dBm which is nearing dead-zone levels of service. It does this in multiple places where I get good service and will randomly spike.

This also occurs while I am simply browsing on my phone. I can watch my service bars change rapidly sometimes or they will sit at 3 bars and it will still give me horrible speeds. I would really like some help with this but please DO NOT suggest the usual troubleshooting methods as I have already tried them to death over the course of 2 weeks trying to fix my issue. I am at a lose for this service I pay $60 for and it fails to work for not just me but everyone in my household who are on their own plans and still can barely use their data.

DO NOT CHANGE TO "EXPANDED NETWORK" WITHOUT CHECKING YOUR T-MOBILE COVERAGE.

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Promoter

You dont give compensation for when you can barely use the service and cannot provide a fix?
Highlighted
Agent

If the issue is related to service, we do provide compensation. 

Highlighted
Promoter

Everyone in my house is using Boost services and the data speed is less than 1MB. The ping is in the 300's. It is unusable and unreliable. That should warrant compensation. I can barely load these pages to see anything anyone says to me.
Highlighted
Promoter

I was just told this by an Agent...

"Your signal, and your specific network coverage will depend on the radio transmissions your Device can pick up and Services you’ve chosen. Coverage isn’t available everywhere, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change without notice. Service speeds are not guaranteed, and depend on the Service purchased as well as other factors, such as your Device, your location, structures, buildings, weather, geography, topography, server speeds of the websites you access, network problems, network or internet congestion, software, signal strength, actions of third parties, etc."

So... I guess we won't be receiving any compensation or assistance. Our coverage is forever in limbo and we as customers are not valued. Move to a different provider.
Highlighted
Promoter

Day 10 of unreliable service. Still have yet to hear back about the technician who is suppose to be looking into this issue. I will continue sending a PM and posting here till I can get some answers or compensation.
Highlighted
Promoter

Day 11 of unreliable service. I believe my PM's are being ignored now. I am simply asking for a follow-up to what is happening with the service in my area. My family cannot reliably use their data and we are getting no where when asking for help.
Highlighted
Promoter

Day 12 of unreliable service. My PM's are being ignored when I simply ask for an update that an Agent said was in the works. I really just want compensation and a working service. Where is everyone?
Highlighted
Promoter

Day 13 of unreliable service. Two entire weeks with no answers on top of the previous down-time that I haven't documented. This is shameful.

Stop ignoring the customers who are just looking for answers and a reason to continue paying their bill.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Mikee. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the service.

Please, give us your zip code and nearest cross street to check the coverage. 

Highlighted
Promoter

Finally got a reply and it's not looking good...

"Fortunately, there are no outages in the area. However, there's decreased signal strength in the area.... No compensation is provided when there are not technical issues with the network."

They have decreased coverage and are not compensating anyone who can't use their service now. Beautiful work being done at Boost Mobile. This is a literal scam.