Limited or no network and internet

Highlighted
Accomplice

Limited or no network and internet

I am writing this post because I have been contacting Boost Mobile for over a month now, about my new phone the Samsung J7 Perx. I don't know what the problem is but my phone constantly throughout the days loses its network service and my internet and data no longer work. I have to switch my phone on airplane mode all day long or restart my phone to be able to use the internet or network again for a few minutes. In my multiple phone calls to Boost asking them to fix my phone problem, Boost verified that there were no outages in my area and that it must be the phone itself. They had me update he profile under settings, then updates. After doing that my.phone stayed connected to the internet for about a half hour then kept dropping my data all over again. I called Boost back a few days later to speak to then again. This time the told me that I would need to do a complete factory reset to my phone in order for my phone to start working correctly. I expressed to the agent on the phone how badly I did not want to have to reset my phone. The agent again told me this would be the only way to make my phone work correctly. After trying to backup everything on my phone in hopes that I wouldn't lose anything I gave in and factory reset my phone. It turns out that factory resetting my phone did absolutely nothing in fixing the problem it was having. So not only does my phone drop the network and data all day and night long, now I also have some pictures, songs and documents lost due to having to do the reset in the first place. I habe been a loyal Boost Mobile customer for a while now and I am very upset with your company. I pay $50 plus tax every month for unlimited data, calls and messages. But I am clearly not getting the option of using unlimited data because the phone keeps throwing me off the network. I am extremely disappointed in the phone also. I received the J7 Perx from the insurance company due to my original J7 breaking. I was not informed that my phone had been discontinued. So I was sent the Perx as a replacement. I do not think it is fair that I have to pay a full monthly bill when I am not receiving my full phone plan services from your company. I am seriously considering leaving Boost Mobiles service at this time due to this issue that has now turned in to issues. This is the 3rd time I have had Boost as my phone service because I have liked your company so much in the past. I keep coming back as a loyal customer and due to this I am willing to find a new phone company
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Accomplice

I've had the same issue for 3 weeks. Same EXACT issue. Try to watch a YouTube video and every minute gotta hit the airplane mode. Even took it up to the store and had them look at it. After telling them 3 other people I know (2 roommates and my bf) all have the same thing going on he admitted theres been a problem the last few weeks. He said they did in upgrade on the local towers and it worked for sprint customers but messed up all boost area service and they were working on the problem. That was a week ago. And still not working.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Oh and to add I'm on a ZTE. In Houston.
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, Gooberscratcher! So sorry to hear about this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a PM with your phone number, PIN and address.

~Nosh_CxUx

Highlighted
Accomplice

I would like to say how unprofessional it is that Boost customer service have not gotten back to me about this problem. I have had 2 she t's contact me and as soon as I reply I never hear from them again.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I have written you a private message and I have still not heard anything back! I am experiencing the same exact problem!!
Highlighted
Accomplice

I have written you a private message and I have still not heard anything back! I am experiencing the same exact problem!!
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there oneeleven. We do apologize for any inconveniences. We do not see a private message from you. Please send one through this post with a brief description and we will figure this out. Victor21

Highlighted
Groupie

I had the same problem today. It said 3G and wouldn’t load anything then I restarted my phone then tried airplane mode for a min and it said 1x it finally fixed but still hope this isn’t gonna be a reaccuring issue
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have the same problem! Ive reset my phone, ive done all the updates they told me to, and it only works for like 10 minutes after i finish the support call! I just started my service two days ago and havent gotten a hint of the data i paid for. I cant even access my hotspot, and i paid $60 to have 20 gb of hotspot data that i cant use! Why should i have to pay for something im not getting?