LTE data speeds

Accomplice

LTE data speeds

So I became a boost mobile customer and got a LG X Charge as my device on the 60/month unlimited with plan, 20 gig a month mobile spot and 1080p streaming. What kind of speeds should I notice on this network, I live in an area that is supposed to be an LTE Plus area. On the device when I run a speed test I get about 25mbps down and 0 to .3 or .4 up which seems extremely slow for LTE. When I turn on the hotspot feature on and use my windows laptop I can get up to 50 down and usually between 1-2 up which still seems slow for LTE, is there something on the phone slowing down the speeds especially on the upload side?

5 REPLIES 5
Accomplice

Hi, I have had similar speeds. It all depends on the area you are in. If you are in an area where the sprint network is congested (too many phones using one tower) you will notice slower speeds. 25 mbps down and 1-2 mbps up is pretty average.
Accomplice

what speed do you get after you use all hotspot data

Agent

Hi, georgeg04! Hotspot data is limited to: 12GB on the $50 plan; 30GB on $60 plan; 50GB on $80 plan. $35 plan, usage draws from high-speed data then reduced to 2G speeds.

Accomplice

what speed is 2g

Agent

2G offers up to 250Kbps speed.