Keep losing data connection

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Keep losing data connection

Hello

I have recently switched to boost since 10 days ago. I have an iphone XR and purchased a boostmobile SIM card, installed it, ported my previous number, got connected. The transition seemed so smooth at first. But in the last week almost every day, I lose my data connection, even though the phone registers two bars and LTE. I can't play music, listen to podcasts, go on the internet unless I'm in a Wifi area. The only thing I can do is to turn off my phone and turn it back on again. It comes back immediately every time.

Is there anything i can do, or is this the nature of the service?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear that, kernowlad. We definitely want to look into this for you. Please, send us the street name and zip code where this occurs to check the network performance. 

Enthusiast

South Broadway, Sheldon Ave, 10591
Highlighted
Agent

Fortunately, there are no outages reported at the moment. Have you received an error message regarding the SIM card? How many signal bars is the handset getting? Does it show 3G/LTE?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

It usually shows 2 bars and LTE. It actually doesn't look any different when it's working and when it's not. Just when I restart the phone it shows the same but I can get on the internet. Also, yesterday in the middle of  a texting conversation, I lost my testing ability for about 5 hours. I didn't notice, thinking that the person didn't respond, but they had responded and I got the text 5 hours later - even though I was at home where there's wifi.

Highlighted
Agent

Really sorry to hear about this! Can you please send us a private message with the details, so we can work through this?