Invalid SIM Card? Let me explain.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Invalid SIM Card? Let me explain.

So I keep getting the following message: “The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer Service” Soon afterwards I get a notification stating, “Invalid SIM card” and thus have no service. I have since contact customer service and they did their thing and it resolved the issue temporarily. They said that if this were to happen again, my phone would ask for a pin and PUK code. My phone worked fine for a couple of days but the problem persisted though it did not ask for a PIN or PUK code. If I take out my SIM, clean it and re-insert it or just restart my phone, it asks for a PIN code and then works fine for about 15 mins but then I get the same message again. I don’t want to keep contacting customer service if I’m going to get the same result every time. I tried inserting my SIM in another phone and I get the same thing so does that mean my SIM card is damaged? Is that it? And if so how do I get a replacement? Any feedback is appreciated!

Notes:

*The SIM card is the one that came with the phone when I first bought it.

*My phone is a Galaxy J7 (2016 release) and currently up to date

79 REPLIES 79
Highlighted
Groupie

I've been having the same problem. Any answers?
Highlighted
Agent

Hi zimou13!

Our SIM cards are not compatible with smartwatches. Unfortunately you won't be able to activate it with us.

EdwinRG.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue as well I've tried resetting it but nothing seems to work.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue. I've tried resetting the phone but nothing seems to work
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there ess. Thank you for contacting us. Have you removed or replaced the sim card for any reason? Or maybe even removed it and inserted the sim card in another device and back to the original phone? Victor21

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No this is a new sim that I just received to replace the other one that was having the same problem. The new sim has only been in my phone.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. It may be the the sim card is not compatible. Where did you get the new sim card from? Victor21

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ordered the new sim card over the phone from boost mobile. My old sim was working fine before the problem
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. We would need to verify the account. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin code , and the new sim card number. Victor21

Highlighted

I’m having the same problems with the sim locked thing I got a iPhone 7 Plus just been unlocked from t Mobil