Invalid SIM Card? Let me explain.

Accomplice

Invalid SIM Card? Let me explain.

So I keep getting the following message: “The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer Service” Soon afterwards I get a notification stating, “Invalid SIM card” and thus have no service. I have since contact customer service and they did their thing and it resolved the issue temporarily. They said that if this were to happen again, my phone would ask for a pin and PUK code. My phone worked fine for a couple of days but the problem persisted though it did not ask for a PIN or PUK code. If I take out my SIM, clean it and re-insert it or just restart my phone, it asks for a PIN code and then works fine for about 15 mins but then I get the same message again. I don’t want to keep contacting customer service if I’m going to get the same result every time. I tried inserting my SIM in another phone and I get the same thing so does that mean my SIM card is damaged? Is that it? And if so how do I get a replacement? Any feedback is appreciated!

Notes:

*The SIM card is the one that came with the phone when I first bought it.

*My phone is a Galaxy J7 (2016 release) and currently up to date

79 REPLIES 79

Re: Invalid SIM Card? Let me explain.

Hello AnthonyR. We do apologize for this inconvenient. Could you please send us a private message to verify this information?

E.J.

This issue is currently occurring with my phone as well,  and there is no way for me to remove the SIM card ironically.  

The same occurs with me as of recent.  I also need assistance with this.  

Agent

Hey there, ForeverVigilant! We're deeply sorry to hear that. Please send us a private message with more details about your issue. We'd like to help!

Groupie

Me too. I get about 4 minutes before it locks. S7 edge.
Groupie

SIM card has locked please power cycle Let me explain.

Me too. S7 Edge. I get about 4 minutes between restarts.
Agent

Re: SIM card has locked please power cycle Let me explain.

Hi JFLCass!

I would like to take a closer look into this and make sure that the replacement device has been properly activated. Please reply to me via Private Message at your earliest convenience, and provide us your SIM card number and device MEID Dec number.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

EdwinRG

Accomplice

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue.  Can someone recommend a solution before I return phone?

Terry

Agent

Hey there, @overhere2000! Thanks for contacting us. Just to confirm, could you please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN the SIM Card number? We'll check this for you!