I can't activate new phone due to "your zip code has low coverage"

Highlighted
Accomplice

I can't activate new phone due to "your zip code has low coverage"

I am a returning Boost Mobile customer. I had Boost service for years at this same address but now get this message when I try to activate my new phone; "Be aware, your zip code has low coverage" and then I am sent back to the previous page. Checking your coverage map with my address, it shows dark green (best coverage) at the front of my property to medium green (good coverage) at the back. So what's the problem? Is it related to all the other complaints I see listed here of outages and poor coverage? Do I need to try to return my new phone and seek another carrier?

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: I can't activate new phone due to "your zip code has low coverage"

Hey there @HairyTruman. We apologize for the troubles this may cause you. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

I sent you a private message Joy P rather than publish my address in a public forum. Thanks for understanding.

Accomplice

Just in case any solution to my problem may help others, I live in Union County, NC

Agent

@HairyTruman We understand your concerns.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

The reply I received from my pm was "Thanks for the info. According to our coverage map you do have service in any of the zip codes. You can go ahead and set up your account. " although it was not Joy P responding.

I still have the same problem trying to activate my new phone: I can't. I'm still getting the message of low coverage and I can't continue with activation.

Uh oh! That’s not what we like to hear. We’re on it, HairyTruman! We will continue to assist you via private message. 

Accomplice

Problem resolved. It seems that coverage wasn't the problem after all. My old number that I wanted to port over has been lost in the ether somehow when my old carrier transferred my account to a different carrier.

I returned to activation and checked the box for a new number and activation went through just fine. I don't know why i got the low coverage alert in the first place but all is well .