High latency Hotspot + Losing Connection

Go to solution
Highlighted
Promoter

High latency Hotspot + Losing Connection

It's very frustrating not being able to use a service you pay for. $60 a month so I can use my service 70% of the time is beyond a scam.

I have high ping/latency when trying to play my Playstation 4 using my hotspot connection. Sometimes the connection drops so I can't use my hotspot at all. My service seems to be gone but it says I have full LTE. Someone please get in contact with me so I can figure this out and get compensated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Groupie

@jalopez81 wrote:

Hi there, cplatz. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the service. 

Would you be so kind to send us a private message with your address to check the coverage? 

This just goes to show how screwed up your customer service is. I did not request help. I was giving information to the community. I already left boost on friday and went to Verizon prepaid. I not only got 16 gig of data vs boosts 2.5 I am only paying 5.00 more. I have incredible coverage and actually have fast data throughput. Goodby Boost Mobile, It is a sad parting you guys used to be very good and I recommended you to all my friends. not anymore.

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Highlighted
Promoter

1 hour after posting and no reply. Please someone help me.
Highlighted
Promoter

I'm glad this isn't an emergency because if it was I would be screwed. Please. Someone help me figure this out. I should not be paying for a service I cannot use time and time again.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, Mikee. We're sorry to hear that. Let's get this thing resolved. Can you send us a private message with your phone number, pin code and address to review this? 

Highlighted
Promoter

I sent you a message with the info you asked for.

Promoter

John7

Thanks for the information. Thanks for the information. Fortunately, there are no outages in that area. Please, follow these steps to program the phone: 

0. Turn the phone off and back on
1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
 - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
 - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. Check signal strength (3 bars, or 60% is recommended)
3. From the dial pad enter ##72786# (press 'ok' when prompted)
4. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. 

That should take about 3 minutes, and then calls and data services should work. 

I have done these things multiple times and it has not worked. Can anyone else help me?

Highlighted
Agent

@Mikee: We have sent you a PM. Please check your inbox. 

Highlighted
Promoter

I am on day 5 (not counting the multiple times this past month) of not being able to use my hotspot. Even if I don't have an outage in my area I am still paying for a service I can't use.

I would really like some help or at least my next bill halved.

Highlighted
Agent

Please let us know. 

Highlighted
Promoter

Let you @Victor21 know what? I have answered everything in this thread and through PM's. Please help me.