Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Extremely SLOW DATA for months!!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Extremely SLOW DATA for months!!

I have been experiencing extremely slow data for the last 3-4 months.  Previously my phone would say 4gLTE at the top of the screen and now it only says LTE and my data has been slow to the point of not being able to load pages and I am unable to stream anything without it skipping/buffering.  I have had boost mobile for nearly 4 years and currently have the unlimited $50 plan and I have never had this issue unless I was out of High speed data. With this unlimited plan I am supposed to have unlimited high speed data?  I have contacted customer services only to be told that the tower in my area is a 3G and that everything is working fine, check my mobile device settings, etc.  I have since upgraded my handset to a Galaxy S9 so I am positive the slow down is not my phone.  I am really beyond my frustration level at this point and am SERIOUSLY considering a switch to another carrier.  I mean if I have to pay $60/mo to get the same data speeds I got last year then I may as well switch back to AT&T or T-Mobile or Verizon and get better data service!

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Extremely SLOW DATA for months!!

That’s no good at all. Sorry you’ve been experiencing this, @mariebhombal. Could you send us your zip code and any street intersection near you to check the coverage? Have you received any data notification? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

75060. The closest intersection is MacArthur Blvd and Shady Grove rd. I have received a roaming signal previously about 2 weeks ago when I was just about 6 miles up the road from my house and could not send or receive text or phone calls
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks. How many signal bars do you have?

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have 3 bars.
Highlighted
Accomplice

When i get closer to hwy 183 at MacArthur i have 1 bar or none at all
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there mariebhombal. Thank you for the information. We’re aware of an outage impacting our customers in your area. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Has this been a recent development or ongoing? As mentioned previously, this has been happening for many several months and customer service lady said the only tower in my area was a 3G tower.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. This outage has been on going for several weeks . We are working to have this resolve as soon and best as possible. Victor21

Accomplice

So it's been about a month and the data is STILL continuously interupted and slow as hell! Has this not been fixed? I have never had this problem until Jan/Feb this year. It literally took minutes just to load this forum! My payment is due on Tuesday and i feel like i'm gonna have to switch to a more reliable carrier! Just completely shocked at the complete about face and very dissappointed in the service now! What happened in the last 5 months for such a downward spiral?