Domestic Roaming Doesnt Really Work.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Domestic Roaming Doesnt Really Work.

Went hiking with my fam, Discovered I was roaming on Verizon, thought cool Boost has my back If I get hurt lets see if it works, answer No it doesnt, connected to verizon SID 532 no problem, call my wife on AT&T i get, welcome to verizon wireless, your phone cant be authenticated and your roaming, let me transfer you to an external operater where you can complete your call with a credit card, calling card, or a prepaid pin, transfers me, welcome to the american roaming network, to make a call using a purchased pin press1 to purchase a pin press 2, pins will cost $20 for less than 60minutes, Ummm but i have 50minutes included in my plan. Moral of the story dont trust your ability to call out or get calls while roaming, also if you manage to grab a sprint signal and call 611 to report the issue do not scrtn aka ##72786# your phone, reactivtion will fail over and over on 0 bars(-108dbm~-115dbm) 1x800 -120 is no service, the support rep will probably be laughing hard at you for doing it, i knew better and still did it..
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

@SprintBoost9044 Hi. We do apologize for any difficulty with the phone services. Are you currently unable to make phone calls, send text messages or use data services? -E.J.

Highlighted
Accomplice

When im at the forest preserve no i cant, i cant make calls or text for 90% of the hikes and data doesnt exist, so if this cant be resolved then it is clear i should switch to verizon, i can pay the same amount for 10GB of data and the coverage that i can roam on with boost but cant really use, or for the $15 more i would have to pay the ARN i could get unlimited data with the same verizon coverage that again boost says i have but doesnt work. Im not on the $35 or the $50 plan im on the $60 plan, i pay between $300~$120per year more, verizon would cost me the same $720per year or $960 for unlimited, i would also get to use my built in wifi calling, so i would like to make my 50 minute calls while roaming as my plan says i can, i dont see why youd allow me to connect to verizon in a no service are but not allow calls without paying the ARN $15+, why? Noone does that.
Highlighted

@SprintBoost9044 Hi. As of now we don't support Wi-Fi calling. You may send us a private message with the full address of places where there is  no coverage/connectivity.

- E.J.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I know wifi calling isnt supported thus why i pointed out it was on Verizon, speaking of features on verizon VoLTE✔WiFi Calling✔samsung Network extender✔(verizon version of the airave), and why? Why would i send a list of places i dont get service? You dont have airave support or magicbox support not that it would do much good because magic box would only help voice if VoLTE was enabled, but you dont support that either, the only option you do support or atleast claim to is roaming and that dont even work. So lets compare, Coverage Footprint VZWp✔Boost,VoLTE VZWp✔ Boost,Wifi Calling VZWp✔ Boost, Network Extender VZWp✔ Boost, so i have to ask if verizon can hand down every feature from their post paid subs why can't Sprint, Sprint offers all these options to people especially new people who pay less than i do, what gives???? And why do you keep validating my complaints but not offer to fix the problem? Sending you addresses is pointless, you have no legit tools to offer me except the ability to send this to tier 2 support to fix my roaming authentication problem so that next time i roam on verizon i can call my wife or whomever i feel like and actually use some of those 50 minutes rather than hear sorry heres the ARN paythem to make a call.
Highlighted
Accomplice

As of 9/3/17 i will be porting out to Verizon Wireless Prepaid, I can keep my g935u and i have confimed WiFi calling, VoLTE, and Extended Roaming With LTE, they have replaced the extender with one that offers LTE and can be used without burning data, its pending approval for prepaid by 1/1/2018,
Highlighted
Groupie

I have the same problem when I travel to my daughter's. ATT where she lives and told me the same thing
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @Phenphen! We are sorry to know that you are having this issue. We’ll be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to assist you with this.

Highlighted
Groupie

Hi Cara

I have had this issue since the offer of 50 "free" domestic roaming minutes was added. I have called numerous times and they tell me update  and all the other bull. It's not my phone. Tells me I am in roaming but when go to use it I get a message to use a credit card or other for payment.

Would be nice to use it when I am at My daughters and have an issue being there  on time

Highlighted
Agent

Hey, @Phenphen! Noticed that you put your personal info publicly. Please delete and send us a private message instead. Thanks.