Does boost Mobile have WiFi Calling?

Go to solution
Accomplice

Does boost Mobile have WiFi Calling?

In some areas when the network strength is bad, some networks like T-Mobile are able to operate using a wifi network. Does boost Mobile has some functionality of that sort as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Does boost Mobile work over wifi

Hello, JunaidChaudry! Thanks for reaching out to us. It is our pleasure to help. We're terribly sorry. Boost Mobile does not support Wi-Fi Calling. feel free to let us know if you have other questions or concerns; we're at your service. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Hello, JunaidChaudry! Thanks for reaching out to us. It is our pleasure to help. We're terribly sorry. Boost Mobile does not support Wi-Fi Calling. feel free to let us know if you have other questions or concerns; we're at your service. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted

Are there any plans to catch up to 2017 and give us wi-fi anytime soon? Many of your customers are urban dwellers, and signal strength can be an issue. 

For example, the apartment in which I live is situated on a middle floor and on the side of the building opposite from the nearest tower about 1/8 mile away. I am consistently around 33% signal strength, with an occasional (and shocking) bump up to a whopping 50%.It has never been any stronger than that. (And here I thought the signal problem had to do with my old Virgin Mobile flip-phone with the pull-out antenna!)

What is most frustrating about this is that when I was shopping for a new carrier, I was assured, twice at Boost stores, that wi-fi calling was in fact available. Had I known that this wasn't true, I would have never signed-up w/Boost in the first place, and gone with another option I was considering during my research.

I must admit that the next few months, and whether wi-fi calling is made available to your customers, will determine whether I remain with Boost.

Agent

Hey there, @ranman3554! That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, Wi-Fi Calling is not currently available for prepaid devices. If you are having issues with the signal, please send us a private message with your full address to assist you with this.

Enthusiast

I am confused.  I just received an email today from Maricar P. at Boost Support at Boost Mobile that tells me Boost Mobile currently supports WiFi calling and gives me a list of supported devices.  Of course my iPhone 7 doesn't show WiFi calling so what is going on?

Accomplice

Hi @db24 the email you got from Maricar P. at Boost Support at Boost Mobile, did you get a webpage link or and a list of these wifi calling devices on Boost mobile?: when yes, Private Message me with the information

Thank you. . 

Accomplice

Does this mean Wi-fi calling is coming?  I have one phone that is in a basement of a building and we can't stay with boost if we don't have wi-fi calling.

Accomplice

Does this mean wi-fi calling is coming?  We have one phone in the basement of a building and it really can't function without wi-fi calling. 

Agent

Hi there! Wi-Fi Calling is not currently available for Prepaid devices.

Are there any boost phones that support Wi-Fi calling at all? I am so mad that I just signed up for boost to save money and if Wi-Fi calling isn't available that's something that should be made clear when switching over. I won't be able to use my phone at home unless I have Wi-Fi calling.