Deteriorating service in 78622 area

Go to solution
Accomplice

Deteriorating service in 78622 area

Over the past few days, we have been experiencing data issues and text messaging issues.

I have been a Boost customer for a while, and the service is usually very good at my home location.

I have been noticing over the course of the last few days, my phone has been losing data service all together, then it will switch to 3G, then to 4G or sometimes it won't have data at all and the process repeats.

I have updated the profile, did PRL updates, restarted the phone, all to no avail.  I asked my nephew how his service has been, and he told me his service has been basically like mine. He has a different device, so I know it isn't related to mine.

I also asked my distant neighbors who also use Boost, they said they have been having issues too. 

While this area is remote, there is a tower about 2 miles from us. right off of HWY 80. 

The last time I can remember having problems like this was like back in mid 2013 when the network was being upgraded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Deteriorating service in 78622 area

Sent: ‎09-30-2016 10:19 AM

I've checked the top tower that provides you with service, and I was able to find the reason you guys are experiencing bad service. There's an outage reported since September 27th. The ticket number is: 6645653. Our technicians are working to fix it in a timely manner. The estimated time of repair is today. Hopefully after today, you'll be able to use your service properly.

This thread can be marked as resolved.

Service seems to be running as normal now, well how I remember it working before the issue above took place.

I would like to thank JamieB for taking an in-depth look into to the issues and finding out there was indeed an issue at the tower. (As I originally suspected.)

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear about the experience with the service. I'd like to check if there's any outages affecting the data service. Could you provide me with the cross streets and zip code?

Accomplice

Area code: 78622

Cross streets: US Highway 80, and Farmed market road 20.

This has been going on since early Sunday morning. I have called customer care twice about the issue. The first customer care representative said there may be an issue with the antennas at the tower. The customer care representative said he was going to forward all the information to "technical support".

I called again this morning, spoke to another customer care representative, because the service is still barely usable, and that customer care representative wanted to blow me off, and acted completely incompetent.

The issues a aren't just happening to me, same problems on my nephews phone, his girlfriends phone. All different devices as well.

We have had the service long enough to know when something isn't working properly or broke.

The only thing thing I can seem to think of, where there is a sense of urgency, is when our monthly bills are due. If our service could get fixed as fast as our service gets turned off when we don't pay our bill on time, I would be a completely happy customer.
Accomplice

It  has been a little over 24 hours since I provided the information requested, and no response.

I guess no response is better than a generic response like: "we have checked your area, and there are no reported outages, or planned maintenance events taking place at this time". (Even though at least 4 people I know of, has called Boost customer care, and reported the same issues they are having with their phones as I am with mine).

This is now going into the 4th day, and today has been bad. I have found a spot, and if I stand right, I can actually get a little data service, with a single bar.

Prior to whatever is happening now, I used to be able to switch over to CDMA and get pretty much full signal strength. 4G would usually be around 2 to 3 bars of signal strength. I'm lucky now if I can keep a bar.

I really hope if the tower nearest to me was decommissioned, Boost representatives can be courteous enough to admit it, (And not play the game of, "let's see how long we can milk it") because as of now, that is what it seems like, that the tower isn't even there. 

Agent

Hi! I'm sorry for the delay responding. I've checked and as you've been informed before, there are no reported outages; however, I'd like to take a deeper look. Is it alright if I contact you via private message?

Accomplice

I have sent you a private message, thanks.

Accomplice

Sent: ‎09-30-2016 10:19 AM

I've checked the top tower that provides you with service, and I was able to find the reason you guys are experiencing bad service. There's an outage reported since September 27th. The ticket number is: 6645653. Our technicians are working to fix it in a timely manner. The estimated time of repair is today. Hopefully after today, you'll be able to use your service properly.

This thread can be marked as resolved.

Service seems to be running as normal now, well how I remember it working before the issue above took place.

I would like to thank JamieB for taking an in-depth look into to the issues and finding out there was indeed an issue at the tower. (As I originally suspected.)

Agent

You're welcome Joey_CTX. It's always a pleasure to help.