Data reduction policy change?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Data reduction policy change?

When did Boost change its policy regarding data reduction?
Until recently if I exceed my 35G high speed data allotment I'd receive a notice that " I would notice reduced speeds during PEAK hours to prioritize those who haven't.
BUT NOW........
Once you exceed 35G High speed data I am reduced to 2G data until next billing cycle...
I am just curious when this began..
I personally cannot tolerate 2G speeds for any length of time and even swapped my plan to compensate for the data loss with going to the $60 dollar 30G Hotspot but I went through 35G data in .less than 2 weeks apparently since it appears that the peak hours plan is gone I'd be up the creek so to speak..
Hate to switch carriers which is such a hassle but 2G speed doesn't even open a web page...
See more topics labeled with:
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes. Switch carriers. Sprint and T-Mobile have 50gig data caps, other carriers have Cap at 100gig. This is just dish price gouging us. 2g is unusable. And honestly, you aren't even getting 1/2g. I have 3 speed testing apps. I test several times a day for the past month and a half. Half of them literally say 0.0 Kbps download speed or "check your connection, no internet connection". Literally no connection for 40% to 50% of every text. 5 to 7 times a day, over 3 different apps. They save every test result, and I have over 200 test results. Even when there is a connection, it's at best 40Kbps. Your better off with dial up. At least you can hear it working. With this trash service, Google just freezes.
So your not even getting 10% of 2g speeds. And somehow I used 35gig on my phone in 7 days, but the 20gigs on my hotspot lasted 17days. Nope. I don't care I just bought a new phone 2 months ago. I don't care I've been with boost since 2012. I ain't paying $60 a month for 10 to 15 days of usable internet, I ain't restarting my plan half way through the month, and I ain't paying for 35 gigs of data that 20% of the time isn't even 4g!
You know what? I got a phone through the payment plan. I'm making payments. Or I was that is. This 2g BS wasn't the policy when I agreed to the payment plan. So guess what? You updated your policy? Oh yeah? Me too! Unfortunately, my new policy is I don't make payments to companies for phones on payment plans if their data usage policy changes, effectively making the phone I purchased unusable for half my service month. Yeah, unfortunately if you want the $120 dollars I owe you for this phone, your gonna have to go **bleep** yourself. Sorry, it's a new policy I have. You know how it is.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yes same September apparently I usedc35 g in 6 dam days I'm not quite sure what happened but theres no way so I ended giving you guys $100 in the month of September the 1st and thev6th I'm not rich I'm disabled on a setincome come on something or some one stole my data
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Please help me out called customer are they gave no help or compassion
Highlighted

Hello Warrior. We are sorry to hear this. We definitely would like to look into your account to verify more information. We can't access accounts on public posts for privacy and security reasons. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Enthusiast

How do I I'm new to this
Highlighted

To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I'm a long time boost customer on the supposedly $60 unlimited plan and I'm experiencing the very same issues as I'm seeing most every customer is in this new data cap issue. I even tried adding a 1g $5 add-on which lasted roughly 3 hours of typical usages. Any assistance would be appreciated . *****************
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I keep seeing that this was "solved", but not the solution to the problem.

At first I thought it was a problem with my phone being old (ZTE Max). So I ordered the new Samsung A11 from Boost. Now I see that it's not an issue with the phone, it's a change in the service. I have no problem dealing with the reduction during peak usage after 35G. But this snails pace service for the remainder of the month is unbearable. Can someone please show me what this solution.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I too would like to see/hear any possible solutions. Ive ran into another Boost Policy issue, I wanted to use Boost-Up to get new phone, and because I'd changed from the $50/month to $60/month plan was not eligible even though I've been longtime customer from 2018 and always paid monthly bill ahead of duedate.
Highlighted

We love to hear from you, so if you have any feedback or questions, please feel free to private message me!