Data reduction policy change?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Data reduction policy change?

When did Boost change its policy regarding data reduction?
Until recently if I exceed my 35G high speed data allotment I'd receive a notice that " I would notice reduced speeds during PEAK hours to prioritize those who haven't.
BUT NOW........
Once you exceed 35G High speed data I am reduced to 2G data until next billing cycle...
I am just curious when this began..
I personally cannot tolerate 2G speeds for any length of time and even swapped my plan to compensate for the data loss with going to the $60 dollar 30G Hotspot but I went through 35G data in .less than 2 weeks apparently since it appears that the peak hours plan is gone I'd be up the creek so to speak..
Hate to switch carriers which is such a hassle but 2G speed doesn't even open a web page...
See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

We’re on it, Sfin1025. Please send us a private message and we’ll get you all squared away

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Agent

We’re on it, Sfin1025. Please send us a private message and we’ll get you all squared away

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm not sure what you can do if Boost has decided to go from reduced speeds during peak hours to absolutely just 2G data for the rest of the billing cycle....To suggest unlimited data at 2G is laughable..You can't run Google maps on that..
I've been with you guys for a few years now Ive always used the unlimited data plan and always use the data the same way I have always used it..In that time Ive NEVER had a gripe about " REDUCED DATA SPEEDS DURING PEAK HOURS IN MY AREA"..Clearly that has changed in the last 30 days and I even switched to the $60 plan to get the 30G HotSpot..I did that on the 2nd of this month and somehow I've used 35G already and this is the 1st time Ive EVER used the data saver on my phone Even turn my data off every night something else I've never done ..And still...
You aren't BOOST so Im not intentionally trying to be an ass to you ..Its just real simple If this is the process BOOST is going with I'm not able to continue using Boost...
That isn't a threat to attempt to keep my business or anything, I'm one of a million other boost customers I am just another minnow in a big pond..
My circumstances require at least the quality of service live had since I began with Boost.Im not going to begin to shovel more and more cash for a gig here and a gig there especially if I am allegedly using 35Gigs of data in lass than 2 weeks....
If you can provide me with the same exact service I've had since I began in 2015 to less than a month ago cool Ill continue to be a boost customer but if not then Ill be using that 30 Gigs of hotspot to see who provides the level of service at least at the level in which I had prior to this 2G crap...
That won't work for me...
Thank you

Highlighted
Accomplice

I just found out what is going on with this reduction from peak hours to entirely..Your merger with Dish has essentially screwed long time boost folks like myself who had the benefit of only peak hour reduction...Typical ..Any way to save a buck I guess..Again my disdain isn't towards you. .
All good things come to an end and other opportunities avail themselves..
Visible wireless for example offers True Unlimited data without any drop out....
APPARENTLY however even though I've been a boost customer over 5 years because I upgraded my phone I cannot unlock it since It isn't 12 months old.....
I imagine I will not be the only one agrivated...Best of luck Hopefully merger doesn't mean restructuring too..As in Job losses for boost employees.....
thanks for ur time though
Highlighted
Groupie

So its my first month with boost mobile, and I switched from AT&T. Out of the two years using their service I have never had a problem with them and simply switched because the unlimited plans with Boost Mobile are cheaper. After using 35 GB, Im like the Flinstones rubbing rocks to get internet going. I'm literally waiting 5 mins for a GOD D A M N page to load. Is this what Boost Mobile considers quality service? Tell me who has 5 minutes to waste or 30 minutes for Twitter to download on 2G? I mopped my whole kitchen and the thing was still loading. This is disgracefully punitive. My phone is now unusable on the internet which I depend on heavily. In the meantime, Sprint has a cap of 50GB, T-Mobile 50GB, AT&T 100GB and I would tell you Verizon's but the F U C K I N G page won't load.. Pure trash to do this during a pandemic, Boost Mobile. I foresee alot of other customers switching to other carriers. Im not making threats or anything but If you want to keep a customer, keep them happy. ._. Explain to me why after using 35GB I am reduced to 2G. So I read this 2G throttling is new. Why is 2G throttling a thing? At least give us 3G. With 3G we will accept it and move on because 3G speeds are okay and we can work with them. 2G is completely unacceptable for an "Unlimited Data" plan. I paid for the $60 "Unlimited Data" and this 2G is B U L L S H I T! With 2G, I cannot use my internet anymore. Its conpletely F U C K E D up that Boost Mobile is doing this.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I've been with them for 5 years and this is new..I just today figured out what the hell was going on..They merged with Dish and S%&T changed..It used to be up until this last month after 35G you would see a reduction in speeds ONLY IN PEAK HOURS otherwise all good ..This crap with 2G until end of the planned month is unacceptable..
I'm using my 30G Hotspot to find a new carrier pronto!!!
I guess Visible mobile is the new hotness check it out..Im going to leave Boost within the week after 5 1/2 years...
I imagine we won't be the only two
Highlighted
Accomplice

This is enlightening and infuriating. My billing cycle just began on the 3rd and I was kind of surprised to see I'd blown through 25g in that time. Granted, I use a lot of internet data, but it usually takes me most of the month to get the 'data cap warning' and I couldn't figure out why.
I'd hate the hassle of switching carriers in the middle of a pandemic (and I got this phone last year on my birthday, at the end of this month) but it's completely unusable right now.
And not even an email or text warning of the new policy under Dish. I'd rather pay more to At&t, and that is saying A LOT.
Highlighted
Accomplice

About the data..So I switch to the $60 dollar plan that gives me 30 g hotspot so as I have been using it.Maybe for 2 days and barely made a dent in it BUT I went through the equivalent of 70 plug g of data in less than 2 weeks because I just paid my month a week prior to switching to the $60. plan because of the throttling of the previous month and from. Aug 2 to Aug 8 35G again...
It's outrageous and pretty. pathetic of whomever decided to switch from reducing data during peak hours to now straight 2G for the rest of the month...I got of Boost Facebook page to see if their was anything going on (I never use social media anymore) and I am not the only long term customer flipping out..And looks like you new folks got the shaft too..
I had to dig around the internet but finally found where Boost announced in the Fine print "July 18" 2020 they began this 2g crap...
I don't necessarily blame Boost I'm sure the merger crap and restructuring is the culprit..
I say start telling folks that Dish network has decided to start price gouging customers during the Pandemic which is essentially what they are doing..Ive been online all day researching who has better more tasteful plans and am going to swap over to Visible wireless. when their SIM card is delivered...Im out after my 30 G hotspot runs dry.....
it's a **bleep** Shane though because I've been completely. pol with Boost and recommended several people to boost..
Highlighted
Enthusiast

This is just awful! I'm a licensed security officer; most of my day are long, long hours of just me, my phone, and streaming services. I know that I'm a high-data user, but I don't see any plans available to let me bump that 35Gb cap up any higher. I never minded the de-prioritization, as my odd hours meant it rarely affected me for long, if at all. With this new change, I couldn't even load up Boost's own website to see what caused it until I got to my home internet!

Is there really nothing at all to be done, besides switching carriers altogether?

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @puppy528 Thanks for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~ Joy P.