Data coverage changed?

Highlighted
Groupie

Data coverage changed?

I used Boost's wifi hotspot a couple years ago. I had a Netgear Mifi card. It worked great. Since then I tried satellite internet  but found that ping delay very constrictive. I noticed the recent broadband plan expansion and almost went ahead and ordered a new device but decided to check the coverage maps. I was dismayed to see where I live is no longer in Boost's data coverage areas. I thought advancement and progress usually meant expansion of coverage.. But has the coverage area for linger longer rd in 32466 actually been eliminated?

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Data coverage changed?

Hey there @dquinn618 We do offer coverage on this area, but is not the best one. So, you may encounter some difficulties on the area. Let's know, if you have any other questions or concerns. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Thank you for the rapid response. I looked at the map again and it does appear parts of W. Linger Longer are in the coverage area. My problem is that I actually live on Odom Rd, that is off E. Linger Longer in the 32466 area. Before, the coverage maps showed coverage ran along the Rte. 231 corridor,  the major artery here. I live probably a quarter mile from 231. The "newer" map does not show coverage for that area. So if there might be coverage, I guess it might cost about $100 to find out.

Agent

That is correct, it seems to be that there's no coverage in that location. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, @dquinn618

Groupie

I stiill have that Netgear devise. Fuse I believe? The battery expanded and no longer fits in but it does seem to power on using household currnet and my computer recognizes it. But will that device work oh the 50 GB plan? That might reduce my trial to a $50 coin flip.

Agent

You can try to activate your device here and it will show you the plans available for your hotspot. However, Sprint does not offer coverage in this area (E Linger Longer Rd, Florida 32466). 

Groupie

Sprint? I think that link was for phones but it doesn't matter. I'm out. Thanks anyway.

Agent

Boost Mobile’s service is powered by Sprint’s nationwide 4G LTE network. The link provided above is to activate Boost Mobile devices.