Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Data Roaming?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Data Roaming?

I've been a customer for over 10 years. I have had my Samsung S5 for approximately 3 years. Just last week I started to receive notifications informing me that I have lost data connectivity due to ROAMING and all data usage is stopped. This notification pop-up happened at my home and it has never happened before until 11/5/16. I have lived the same house and worked in the same building for 15+ year and it's ccontinues to happen. And when I try to turn on data roaming from the network settings it will not allow me to. Virgin mobile has disabled that feature. (FYI: Using Wi-Fi to submit this post @ home)
70 REPLIES 70
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Data Roaming?

Hello! Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and pin? I'll be glad to help you.
Highlighted
Not applicable

Got the same thing today. Did they fix it?
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: I'm having the same Problem. Have they fixed the problem?
Highlighted
Not applicable

Having the issue here. Started this morning.

Highlighted
Not applicable

This just happened to me today :confused_face:
Highlighted
Not applicable

Have had this problem as well. What was the answer to fix it?
Highlighted
Not applicable

cant use my phone due to roaming

Highlighted
Agent

Hey User829

This happens when you're not using our towers to access the cellular network. When you're roaming, your device is trying to connect to another carrier's tower because our signal has dropped. 

We'd probably need to assess the coverage status in your area and check if there are any recent reports of service outages impacting your area.

You can send us a private message with your current address and let us check your service status. I'll be glad to help you with that!

EdwinRG

Social Care Agent

Highlighted
Not applicable

My husband is also with Virgin and in the same room as me and his phone is not doing this. Just my Samsung galaxy J7, that I just bought Nov 28, 2016.