Connected, yet unable to access data

Accomplice

Connected, yet unable to access data

For a few days now, I've had some sporadic problems with connecting using my data plan.  My phone indicates that I'm connected to LTE with the little spinning wheel, but anything that isn't in memory won't come up and either continues clocking, or tells me there is a network error.  I will even try another app, just to make sure that it's not just the service I'm trying to connect to.  There have been times where I can try for 30 minutes to actually connect to something, but it won't.  Can anyone tell me what is going on?  I never used to have problems like this.

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Hello Chaos, lets look into this for you, please send us your street, city and zip code so we can start by checking the towards. 

Accomplice

Look Under The About Phone Menu And See If You Have An IPv4 Address, If Not That May Be Your Problem.

IPv4 Example, 192.168.1.1

IPv6 Example 37b1:5q4:65fe:2:z662:a7

Accomplice

I did check, and it appears as though it is an IPv4 address.

Groupie

I´m having the same problem, I´m on the $50 unlimited plan and it the second day of having service and my phone won´t load a thing
Agent

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @Username_is. Are you getting any specific error message? To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?

Accomplice

You can possibly try toggling mobile data off/on (or airplane mode on/off which does the same thing). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I might have to do it more than once.
Now sometimes when I have this problem, my phone all of a sudden decides to reboot. I updated PRL and Profile, yet the problem continues to persist, except I'm not usually locked out so to speak for more than a couple minutes.
Groupie

I'm also having the same issues that began almost 2 months ago. My phone will only work when I set it to 3G (CDMA) It either takes forever or won't connect when I set it to Automatic or LTE/CDMA. Already checked the coverage map and my area is fine. Also gave my cross streets and was told the towers were all functioning. Was given a code to reboot phone and it didn't help. Now I have a brand new phone and still no high speed service. Very frustrating.
Agent

Sorry to hear that you're having issues @Paul-26. Please send us a private message with your address, phone number and pin. We'd love to help.

Groupie

How do I send a private message? This is all new to me.