Can only get 3G no 4G LTE :(

Can only get 3G no 4G LTE :(

I'm really frustrated I just bought a boost mobile phone and $50 plan yesterday, came home to try the data and it's only 3G. Before I bought it I checked their coverage map and typed in my address and it said my address and all the nearby streets and everything had 4G LTE data so why am I not getting it? I did all the things the website said to do if you have a data issue and nothing worked. I hate talking on the phone and was really hoping to have an online chat with someone but that's not an option for the US I guess so I'm hoping someone here will know what to do or if I can get a refund if it doesn't start working since I was promised 4G and I can't get it? 

31 REPLIES 31
Agent

Re: Can only get 3G no 4G LTE :(

Hello, @CourtneyH806. We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the service. Can you send us a private message to further assist you?

Groupie

I think i should get a refund for the entire time i had the service, i cant even get more than 1.5 mbps thats if i stand in one spot!

Hey there, Jwj63645! It's really frustrating when your Internet service doesn't work like it should.

To better help you, please send us a private message including:

- Your mobile number and PIN.

- A cross-street and ZIP code from the area where your Internet is not working properly.

We'll be more than happy to help you. Looking forward to your private message!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Accomplice

Ok so I switched from Metro PCS to Boost Mobile because the same plan was $10 cheaper with Boost. When I got home I noticed that it was 3G and before I decided to switch the guy at Boost said it's 4G and that confirmed my decision to switch. Well , I followed all the instuctions that the internet took me thru and still on 3G. I'm very upset about this mainly because I was promised that I'll still have 4G if I switch. So here I sit since April 21st with a slower internet because someone didn't do something right or they just didn't care. Now I really like my new phone (ZTE) but if I can't get this issue fixed I will go to another service if I had to. Is there anyone out there who can help me?
Accomplice

Hi Courtney... I'm having the exact same problem. And it really infuriates me that the sales guy I dealt with was careless to have this happen. So I was wondering did u ever get ur issue solved?
Agent

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue,  @Frustrated1! We’d be happy to help. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs? Can you please let us know the make and model of your phone?

Accomplice

ZTE blade Force 4G LTE from the box. Midnight Rd and Johnson Circle Inman SC 29349 or 29316 Boiling Springs
Agent

Thanks for the information, @Frustrated1. We've checked the coverage of the area and, fortunately, there are no outages over there. How many signal bars does the phone have? Can you please make sure that the Wi-Fi is off and that Mobile Data is on? 

Groupie

I am having the same issue this is not cool service is so slow