Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Boost hotspot saying it was used when it wasn't

Groupie

Boost hotspot saying it was used when it wasn't

I signed up for Boost Mobile $50 unlimited plan which includes an 8 gig hotspot every time I try to use applications that need data it takes my hotspot now every time that I use my applications can't download any files I contacted Boost Mobile customer service through the text app or chat app whatever you want to call it and they're telling me that I have to pay my bill again which I just activated my phone 2 weeks ago so going by what they say I would have to pay my bill at least three times a month in order to keep my Hotspot available I don't use the hotspot but in order to use the apps I need internet and constantly taking my Hotspot so without that available I guess my phone won't work for those apps I don't know why anybody would continue to use boost if it's going to charge so much they need to figure something out when I contact customer service they tell me that I used it even though I haven't I need this issue resolved because I'm not going to continue to pay the three times a month just to continue to use my telephone with their service they too told me that in order for me to restore my Hotspot that I would need to repay my bill which is ridiculous I don't think it's fair that I'm going to be charged for something that I did not use I'm losing money because of this because I need to download files with my phone but they're telling me that it's hot spot that I'm using when it's not even turned on there's obviously some type of flaw in their system this is obviously a reoccurring thing with more than one customer

Edit: my hotspot is also setup with password because apparently customer service thinks that I'm capable of setting up my Hotspot so nobody else can use it or access it even though it's turned off.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Boost hotspot saying it was used when it wasn't

Hi there, Cdragon1982. Thanks for contacting us. We'll be happy to help. 

Using or downloading apps on your phone does not require Hotspot. This is used to share internet service with other phones, tablets or Wi-Fi capable devices. What happens when you try to download an app? Do you get any error messages?