Go to solution

Blocked

Blocked # still leaving messages why?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: Blocked

Hi,

Well, thats because Boost Mobile doesnt support actual call or number blocking.

Can I block calls on the Boost network?
Unfortunately, calls cannot be blocked at the network level on Boost. However, many devices have features to set up call block like rules. For example - some models allow the user to create a 'reject list'. Android users also have the ability to download applications through Google Play or the App Store that offer the ability to block incoming calls.

So what happens is the call comes across the network to your phone, your phone checks to see if the number is on the reject (block) list, if it is, it doesn't ring your phone but rather sends the call directly to voicemail.

Yours,
-J

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Guru

Hi,

Well, thats because Boost Mobile doesnt support actual call or number blocking.

Can I block calls on the Boost network?
Unfortunately, calls cannot be blocked at the network level on Boost. However, many devices have features to set up call block like rules. For example - some models allow the user to create a 'reject list'. Android users also have the ability to download applications through Google Play or the App Store that offer the ability to block incoming calls.

So what happens is the call comes across the network to your phone, your phone checks to see if the number is on the reject (block) list, if it is, it doesn't ring your phone but rather sends the call directly to voicemail.

Yours,
-J

View solution in original post

Guru

Hi again,

So, I knew about this $3 CallWatch Blocking Bundle add on (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.privacystar.android.spg) and was curious if they (PrivacyStar) somehow had an agreement with Sprint/Virgin/Boost to actually BLOCK calls.

My curiosity got me to sign up for the 7 day free trail. Waste of my time. They can not do as advertised, Blocking, and only REJECT calls to voicemail as I had suspected, since Boost doesn't provide call blocking capabilities.

Also, you can not do a reverse lookup/get caller ID details for a phone number in your contact list. So when I wanted to know the city and state of one of my contacts, and know the CallerID name of another one, I had to erase their phone numbers from my contacts to be able to find this out.

In my opinion, the only good this add on service does is;
A)Provide Caller ID for #'s not in my contact list
and
B)Provide automatic call reject to voicemail for known Spam and Telemarketing numbers.

Maybe your device does not have built in call block/reject to voicemail capabilities like many newer devices do, then it would be able to do this for you, only on Android devices.

Yours,
-J
:edit: fixed spelling errors