$50 Unlimited plan, yet extremely slow data speeds

Highlighted

$50 Unlimited plan, yet extremely slow data speeds

I am on the $50 unlimited data plan, and was told that my data speed would never be throttled. I am now being sent text messages stating that if I reach 23 gigs, that I could experience slowed data speed. The network is slow enough without slowing my speeds. If this happens, then you flat out lied. It shows LTE on my phone, but it's very slow to be LTE. President Trump gave you corporations big breaks on regulations and taxes. Boost needs to stop playing games and start giving your loyal customers a break.
48 REPLIES 48

Re: $50 Unlimited plan, yet extremely slow data speeds

@knightrider2424 We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Please check the following regarding our network terms and conditions:

Quality of Service Practices (QoS): To help protect against certain customers occupying an unfair share of network resources, unlimited data plan customers who use more than 23GB of data during a billing cycle will be prioritized below other customers for the remainder of their billing cycle, in times and locations where the availability of network resources is constrained. See

boost mobile.com/networkmanagement for more details.

- E.J.

My $50.00 plan only allows me to use 8 GB on my so-called, "unlimited" hot spot usage. Since I was once an investigator for the united states government, I investigated many cases where companies will use false advertising to get customers to switch to their companies. If you keep having this problem let me know, we can always start a class action suit against each company that offers unlimited normal use of data, then slows it down when you reach a certain level of usage. The practise galls under the heading of "false" advertisinf
Agent

Hey there, @Rachel_sluv! Boost Mobile does not offer Unlimited Hotspot Services. The $50 Unlimited plan, only includes 8GBS, and it is stated in the plan details online. When it comes to Data, be aware, that the $50 unlimited plan is really unlimited, nevertheless, customers who use more than 23GB of data during a billing cycle will be de-prioritized during times and places where the Sprint network is constrained.

Boost is not throttling data usage. Heavy users may experience some periodic slowed data speeds while in an area with a high volume of data traffic. Once the network resources are no longer constrained or you move to a non-constrained area, data speed will return to normal.

Accomplice

I thought Cricket and MetroPCS was bad. I was wrong. Boost and Sprint are the same people. Poor service, poor customer service...
Accomplice

I am on board with you. Internet is slow and the coverage is nasty here in Colorado.
Agent

Hello, @Fard0527. Thank you for stopping by. Are you having issues with the service. Please send us a private message to better assist you. -Kira_M.

Enthusiast

Amen to that!!!! I have the same problem. I thought I was paying for unlimited high-speed data, it's more like no-speed data.
Agent

Hi @mdfern Could you please send me PM with your Phone number and PIN code so I can check into that for you?

I just switch from Cricket Wireless to Boost Mobile. My internet speeds won't play music or video without constant pausing speed test under 1mps I'd love to get feedback from boost even free next month my issue with cricket was it didn't do hotspot boost clearly can't w speed this low I have full bars also please get back to me scottosowski25@gmail.com