1x service despite map showing coverage

Highlighted
Enthusiast

1x service despite map showing coverage

I was hoping to get decent service with Boost Mobile, but there is an area that is shown on the coverage map as being included, but I only get 1x service.  This isn't a sparsely populated area in the middle of nowhere either.  I expect better.   Zip code area is between 06514 and 06518.

See more topics labeled with:
  • 1x

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

It looks like both areas are good for service. What is the make and model of your device?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Three different people with two types of iphones --2 iphone 6 and 1 iphone SE

Yes, the map "looks" fine, but experience proves otherwise.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, akb8a1! Thank you for replying. Please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN and full address so we can take a closer look.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I noticed that the coverage area shows no 3G service, however 4G should be available. Tried to do a service update to see if that would help but it never completes.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @akb8a1 We apologize for the inconvenience. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Sure - the area is fairly large where I lose service but the closest intersection to one location is Raccio Park Rd and Sherman Avenue in 06514.

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you! After reviewing the area, there aren't any open service alerts. Also, the area shows good coverage. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message with your Phone Number and PIN, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will  take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the  option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Agent

After reviewing the area with your phone number, we do not see any issues on the area. We've refreshed your device, and reported the issues you're having with the 4G/LTE. Please, allow 72 hours for an update. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.