Wifi not stable after Andriod update to 8.1.0

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Wifi not stable after Andriod update to 8.1.0

Hi,

I have the Moto G5s Plus unlocked that works great on Boost Mobile.  Recently there has been an update for my phone that keeps popping up. So I gave in an updated to the 8.1.0 update. After the update I noticed that my wifi wasnt stable. Occasionally it would dissconnect and then reconnect which never happend before the update. Today I decided to reset my network settings to see if it would fix the wifi constantly dropping. After doing that I noticed that my 4g LTE doesnt work. If I check my sim status it says that the Mobile Network State is Disconnected. Is there anyway to get my 4g LTE working again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Wifi not stable after Andriod update to 8.1.0

Thank you for your help. I tried to edit my message to let you know that I fixed the problem but there was no option. On the Moto G5s Plus with the software update to Oreo 8.1.0 , the reprogramming code ##72786# no longer works.

For Oreo 8.1.0 

The code that works is *#*#72786#*#*  

After using that code, my phone was able to reprogram itself for voice and data. 4g LTE is now functional on my device. Also please note that this also fixes the WiFi constantly disconnecting after the Oreo 8.1.0 software update.  So if anyone is having problems with their 4g LTE and or WiFi constantly dropping a connection, using the reprogramming code I mentioned will fix both issues. 

4 REPLIES
Agent

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @Spiritualmystic. Did you check  the network mode? Are you getting any specific error message when you try to use the internet? To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?

Accomplice

i have full bars on my boost mobile service, so the service is great. it is the recent update of andriod 8.1.0 that has made my wifi connection disconnect a lot. Text and voice was working perfectly then. it was when i reset my network settings on the andriod phone that made the 4g LTE stop working. wifi so far hasnt disconnected on the phone which im now happy about. its just the 4g LTE thats stopped. i have read online other people having this same issue and they said update my prl and data profile.
Agent

Hey there, Spiritualmystic! You can try reprogramming your device for voice and data by dialing the code ##72786#. 

Accomplice

Thank you for your help. I tried to edit my message to let you know that I fixed the problem but there was no option. On the Moto G5s Plus with the software update to Oreo 8.1.0 , the reprogramming code ##72786# no longer works.

For Oreo 8.1.0 

The code that works is *#*#72786#*#*  

After using that code, my phone was able to reprogram itself for voice and data. 4g LTE is now functional on my device. Also please note that this also fixes the WiFi constantly disconnecting after the Oreo 8.1.0 software update.  So if anyone is having problems with their 4g LTE and or WiFi constantly dropping a connection, using the reprogramming code I mentioned will fix both issues.