Trying to swap LG K51 for a Moto E6 but the SIM card isn't working.

Trying to swap LG K51 for a Moto E6 but the SIM card isn't working.

So I took the SIM out of my LG K51 and put it into my Moto E6 but it doesn't connect to a network and errors out under SIM status in settings about phone.

Anybody know how to get this to work? I did the swap phones thing, but it says it doesn't find my SIM card on the network. So I'm not sure what to do. Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Agent

Hi there! SIM cards can not be swapped in that way on our network. In order to use a device with an account, it must be added to the account itself. The SIM card only connects the phone to the LTE network, and does not keep your phone number on it, but rather the network looks for the specific SIM card number to connect it to your account. When you buy a new phone, always use the new SIM card to avoid problems. You can activate a new phone using your same number and through "My Account" on our website. Select the option to swap devices and follow the instructions. Click here to access your account. 

If you run into any trouble, feel free to contact us directly through a private message so we may take a look.