Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Problem using the Moto G7 Play without activation Wi-Fi only

Highlighted
Groupie

Problem using the Moto G7 Play without activation Wi-Fi only

I purchased a Moto G7 Play for my daughter to use without activating the phone and just using Wi-Fi only. We constantly keep getting a pop-up message to activate the phone and if she accidentally clicks on it it disables the Wi-Fi and she can't use the phone anymore. How do we fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Problem using the Moto G7 Play without activation Wi-Fi only

Hi there, ArchStanton. Thanks for contacting us. 

By purchasing a Boost Mobile handset, you agree to activate the handset on a current Boost Mobile plan. To start using your handset with our Boost service, you must agree to the Terms & Conditions on the handset. Can I help you activate your handset today with a plan that fits your needs?

Highlighted
Groupie

So, it's not possible to use the phone without activating it and using Wi-Fi only?

Highlighted
Agent

It is possible more or less, but by Terms and Conditions you'd receive somewhat frequent notifications to activate the phone, as you described above. 

Highlighted
Groupie

The problem is not just the constant pop-ups, the bigger problem is that if she accidentally clicks on it, it disables the Wi-Fi and she can't use the phone anymore. How can we prevent that?

Highlighted
Agent

Our terms and conditions require activation on a plan.  If you do not activate, you will not be able to use your handset until you activate it on a Boost Mobile Plan. Data services (including WiFi) will be restricted and you will only be able to complete calls to Customer Care or 911, until you activate your handset.  

Groupie

Ok, I wish I knew this prior to purchasing the phone. I have used several phones in the past without activation and just Wi-Fi only without any issues.. I will just sell the phone and buy an unlocked one.

Highlighted
Agent

We understand. We remain at your service. If you have any other questions just let us know.