Motorola G7 Compatibility

Enthusiast

Motorola G7 Compatibility

Can anybody give a straight answer to these questions?

1. Can I activate my Moto G7 on Boost Mobile right now?
2. If so, how? I have a BYOP sim kit. Which sim card do I use?
3. If not, When? How long is it going to take?

I bought 2 G7's specifically because the Motorola website clearly states:
"Device has been tested and carrier-certified to work on this network."
Notice the words "carrier certified".

Thank you for your help.

See more topics labeled with:
9 REPLIES 9
Accomplice

Re: Motorola G7 Compatibility

Hey, your in luck.  I just was going to buy this phone and I had the Boost sim but no phone because they didn't have them where I'm at.  I return the card after hearing how difficult was to get the G7 to work on Boost.  I continued to read reviews and came across this at Amazon which just got them in.  Someone figured it out and I paste info below.

None of the Boost Mobile sim card kits I found had the proper card, not even their own stores So if you don't want to wait for them to send you a card, go to Best Buy and get a Sprint bring your own phone sim card kit with part number SIMOLW516TQ. Once my IMEI was found on the Boost Mobile website, I just popped the card in and swapped phones. The G7 is a nice phone, one of the best in this price range.

Enthusiast

Thank you so much. I will give this a try and report back.
Accomplice

Yes please report back. I bought 2 G7's and the Boost Mobile 'swap your device' could not find the IMEI's so I had to return them for a total of $70 restocking fee. Even spent the whole day talking the Motorola support and Boost Mobile support and both were absolutely waste of timeRobot Happy

Accomplice

I purchased compatible Sprint SIM from BB. Was able to get it activated. Was able to browse, text, call... however, I COULD NOT get Mobile Hotspot to work. The phone just kept displaying ERROR: Can Not Connect To Data... call your service provider.

I was on the phone with them for 2hrs and they could not figure it out either. So I have RMA'd my phone.

Agent

Hello there off2geo. Let us take a look. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number.

Accomplice

I already done this for 2 hrs yesterday... nothing worked.  The ##72786# does not work on the phone. There is no way to update/transfer your PRL/Profile in System Settings/Update.

Accomplice

It would be nice to get it working then I can cancel the RMA and keep the phone...
Agent

I understand. For me to properly assist you I need to access your account. 

Accomplice

How are you going to assist me? The phone has been packed back up for shipping back to Motorola TODAY.
I was just asking others on here if their Mobile Hot Spot Works. on their G7. If someone on here can verify it is working, THEN GREAT, then I can stop the RMA and figure out what went wrong with my activation.