Motorola G Fast not working as it should with Boost Mobile!!

Highlighted

Motorola G Fast not working as it should with Boost Mobile!!

Ok, now here's a big problem with this phone.. i purchased this phone via the boostmobile website to replace my old samsung galaxy phone last month and was happy. Mind you i have the $60 unlimited plan with 30gb hotspot. now 18-20 days into my payment cycle i got a text message saying ive reached 85% data usage. Soon i got hit with 100% and data on my phone got throttled to 2g. Even my hotspot slowed down to snailspeeds. Upon reviewing my account i knew something was wrong. i reviewed the data usage on the phone itself and yep something was really wrong. I chatted with a boost mobile rep and they assured me that phone data has its own allotment and hotspot has its own data allotment. Now what this phone is doing is that its taking hotspot allotment and ADDING it to the phone data allotment!! i've roughly used 18gb phone data and 17gb hotspot data. nowhere near the limit! my old samsung phone didn't do this. i tried talking to a boost rep about it and they had no idea what i was trying to explain to them. Just telling me that i've reached my limit and that data slows down because of that. Spoke the a different rep and that rep knew something was wrong. spoke to a supervisor and said they will look into it and escalate it to management (whatever that means). the rep suggested i talk to a motorola rep and ask how the phone deals with phone data and hotspot data.. i called motorola and that rep told me that ALL their Motorola phones accounts hotspot data as mobile phone data. WOW! so the problem is, boost mobile sold me a phone that does not account for data correctly with the Boost Mobile network! i asked if i could return the phone to get a refund so i can get a phone that actually works. was told i can't return a phone after 10days. I wanted to file a complaint via chat support. told them the situation. they failed to acknowledge the issue and literally cut me off the chat. i need answers and a SOLUTION! please help.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Hi. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. We want to do out best to help. In this case, since Motorola said that's how the device is set up, have you tried using a third party application to measure your data and Hotspot usage? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted

yes and the third party app shows the same numbers my phone is showing when it comes to data and hotspot usage. my monthly payment is tomorrow and i do not want to keep using this phone because its not working correctly with boost mobile service. im going to have to buy another phone if this keeps up 😞
Highlighted

I'm so sorry we let you down, If you want to discuss your concerns in more detail, please feel free to private message me.

Highlighted

i described the whole situation on my post.
Highlighted

If you want to discuss your concerns in more detail, please feel free to private message me.