Moto e4 lte speed woes

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Moto e4 lte speed woes

My Moto E4 never got as good speeds as my previous 2 phones (a ZTE and an Alcatel) and some apps I used to use don't work unless I'm on wifi. After a dozen or so factory resets I'm ready to give Motorola the boot for good. Anyone else having this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @Phozz. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs? 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @Phozz. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

It doesn't ever give a strong enough connection to reliably stream music unless on wifi. It actually goes in and out when I'm downtown PGH 15222.
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks. Follow these steps:

• Tap Settings.
  • Scroll to and tap System Update.
  • Tap Update Profile.
  • Once the update is complete, tap OK.
  • Power cycle your phone. 
Highlighted
Accomplice

Several updates later I still have a data connection to slow or erratic to run a lot of apps. Looking forward to a new phone.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi Phozz. Thanks for contacting us. We want to investigate. Is the phone not getting enough signal in your area? So it is updated to the latest Android Operating system that it can take, correct? Is the device performing slow, even if you're not using data? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

The keyboard lag is irritating enough by itself to make me want to never buy a Motorola again, buy I assume it's unrelated.

I think it's a software glitch. Repeatedly turning on and off the wifi fixes it temporarily sometimes when the data totally stops, but the connection is never that good at it's best
Highlighted
Agent

Could you send us a private message with your address to check the coverage? 

Also, please include your phone number and PIN to check the account.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I lost count of how many times they tried that. It's not your network. Your network is great. Their phone is crap.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, @Phozz. Have you tried contacting Motorola?