Moto G7 issues

Go to solution
Accomplice

Re: Moto G7 issues

@sisterfister87  What's with the bad attitude, we all had problems that we are working thru and reaching out to others for help and  tips. And some of us returned them. My G7 works just fine with the exception of the hotspot for which I have never used and will never use and I am perfectly happy with my G7. If you don't like someone else's post then just scroll past it. Im happy ppl are communicating their problems, so we can all figure this out.

Accomplice

Your input on this topic is invalid and unwarranted... run along and play elsewhere. SisterFister87...go figure.
Accomplice

good evening. I know your probably over the G7 nowRobot Happy but im going to put this here in case anyone else comes looking for Hotspot help. but today there was a Motorola update for the G7 that I downloaded that said ' Includes improvement for data connection and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality'. and I tested it and my Wi-fi Hotspot does work. 

Accomplice

That's Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...your awesome for getting on here and posting! Thanks for the info.
Accomplice

no problem. have a great weekend!!!

Enthusiast

Were you able to activate your Motorola G7?
Accomplice

Not sure who your asking but yes I have a G7 activate on Boost Mobile for over 2 weeks now. With a working Hotspot.

Accomplice

@HLohr85...I was able to activate mine after installing Sprint SIMOLW516TQ... Boost sent me SIMGLW416Q (which I had already sent phone back to Motorola when it arrived in the mail.)

So yes, I was able to activate it. At the time, the HotSpot did not work, but Motorola has since released an OTA update to fix that issue.

The final straw for me was whenever I tired to call anyone, the call would go through, I could hear them, but they could not hear me, even if I tried raised my voice... "Can You Hear Me Now?"

The phone gets a lot of flak for its lower specs compared to other new cells, but all in all, for an unlocked phone and the price, its a great phone. It will be just fine for many people. If all issues are worked out, as they usually are, I'd say buy if your on a budget. Also... I have ALWAYS had great customer support from Motorola.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thank you, that is really helpful. I just bought a new Motorola G7 and I ordered the sim card from Amazon, I am just waiting for it to arrive so I can activate my phone. Hopefully, and after reading the posts from other people with the same phone, I may have better luck.

I appreciate your response,. I will be sure to post my experience once I get the sim card.

Groupie

I already had a working Boost phone and was able to activate (or "swap to") my Moto G7 on Boost using a similar method to those who posted before:

* Bought the unlocked G7 at Best Buy.

* Went to a Sprint Store and bought this "bring your device" SIM for $2:  SIMOLW516TQ

* First, I went to the Boost website and clicked on the "activate" link at the top of the page, but using that link only gave me an "unsupported device" message. INSTEAD, use this link and follow the instructions:

https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone

Boom. Everything worked. Thanks to those who posted what worked for them!