Moto G7 issues

Go to solution
Accomplice

Re: Moto G7 issues

Boost is not getting the G7,  they are getting the G7 Play. 

Accomplice

The G7 went back yesterday. HotSpot not working & I couldn't even make a call on it because no one on the other end could hear me. Even if I talked really loudly.
Too many issues and hassles for me to try another.
Agent

Hello, off2geo. I'm sorry about the trouble. We will continue to assist you via private message. Thanks.

Enthusiast

Has anyone found the solution for the hotspot? After being on the phone for over 2 hours on Sunday, I was told I would probably have to return the device because it is an issue with Motorola. You cannot even dial the ## numbers they give you because it attempts to just place a call instead. I had the phone completely setup and loved the phone. But unfortunately I have to have a hotspot because it is my only source of internet available to me. Is it possible the Sim that boost calls for is incorrect and allowed for regular data and calls but not the hotspot? I returned the phones and bought 2 lg g6's from boost but I am not sure if I am going to like them. I am used to a large screen coming from a note 4. Really disappointed the Moto GO didn't work.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Sadly, after 4 different SIM (One Boost BYOP Kit, One Sprint BYOP Kit and two from Boost Support) cards, numerous hours on the phone between Boost Mobile and Motorola and not being able to get the hotspot to work, I ended up sending mine back to Motorola. I was pretty upset about it too. Nice phone, decent inexpensive upgrade and it was unlocked. Really a great phone for the price...

I was able to get it activated and working, and was willing to wait to see if they could figure out the HotSpot issue, but the other issue I had was when I went to place a call, no one on the other end could hear me.  I even went as far as doing a Full Reset. Still nothing.

I was like... man, my first unlocked phone and now this. Previously, I have purchased new from Boost Mobile; an LG Stylo 2, a LG Stylo 3 and a Moto G6 Play... all worked no issues. So after all the time I put in trying to get it the G7 to work, and ended up with a not fully functioning phone, I just sent it back and went with another phone thru Boost. Albeit more money, but this was my 50th b-day present to myself and I just wanted a new phone... That's it. Nothing more.

I can't tell you if you should send it back for another, or just send it back for a refund. Working with Motorola customer support has never been an issue and they have always resolved issues quickly. Your choice. Sorry I cant help you any further.

Enthusiast

Yeah I understand your frustration. I returned them and ordered the lg g6. Cheaper price, but also a smaller screen. Guess i will wait until another known working phone comes along. Thanks for the input!
Accomplice

you are not listening, it most likely will be allowed but boost seems to have to manually enter these phones into the system, and the phone hasnt been officially released yet, it will be official on the 22nd. hold your horses and be patient

Accomplice

hold your horses, the phone hasnt been officially released yet until the 22nd and boost seems to have to manually allow a new type of phone to be activated on their system. wait a few days and quit complaining
Accomplice

that was your own mistake, you should have waited till it was officially released
Enthusiast

Negative ghost writer...the phone was officially released earlier this month...see this excerpt...
"Brazil and Mexico got all four phones first starting on February 7, 2019. Europe was slated to get them next, but the United States snuck in before them with pre-orders opening on February 22, 2019 for the Moto G7 standard.

You can buy the Moto G7 now from Motorola’s online site and Best Buy. It’s also supported on Google Fi (where you can get it for $249 right now) and will also reach several prepaid carriers like Republic Wireless, and Ting.

The Moto G7 Power went up for pre-order on March 15 with a release set for March 22 in the U.S."
I would assume you meant the power. Boost has no plans of offering the Moto G7. Before making rude remarks being a keyboard bully at least know what you are talking about.