Moto G7 issues

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Moto G7 issues

I Bought the unlocked Moto G7 yesterday and cant get it hooked up to Boost Mobile. Motorola's specs for the Moto G7 says it's compatible with Boost and even online chatted with 2 Motorola Reps says yes it is compatible. Taking to 3 different Boost Mobile reps all say..... 'the Moto G7 is compatible but is not supported' and therefore not eligible. I tired soooo many times to do a device swap on the Boost Mobile website and get the 'this device is not eligible'. Anybody know if this phone will get support or be eligable to be on Boost Mobile

91 REPLIES 91
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Glad you got it to work. Can only find a case on Amazon. Phone is very slippery without one...ordered some USB C Amazon Basic cables which have been working well. No issues on Android Auto which I was happy about also
Highlighted
Accomplice

it is super slippery isn't it 🙂 when I bought the G7 on launch day I had already bought and received 4 different cases and a 6-pak of screen protectors from Amazon. After returning the 1st and the 2nd I kept the cases and screen protectors instead of returning them. When I saw ppl having luck hooking up their G7 to Boost I bought the 3rd today and glad I kept the cases and screen protectors 🙂 so far im really loving it. I do a lot of hiking and nature walks and use my cellphone as my main camera. I loved my Moto G5s plus and got the G7 for a better camera and bigger screen and Android Pie.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

That's awesome! I agree with all the reasons you listed for upgrading. I like that it has USB C as well. My G5+ was not holding a charge anymore. I am glad this worked out. My G5+ really took some awesome photos so I am looking forward to seeing what this can do. My case will be here tomorrow from Amazon.
Highlighted
Accomplice

and yes the USB-C. my G5s plus charger port had gotten real loose . I was gonna hold out for the LG Stylo 5 in a few months but thought I was give the G7 a try. I really take a bunch of pic's so I am super excited to try it this weekend. Thanks for your help!! 🙂

Highlighted
Accomplice

Does your mobile Hotspot work? Because I was able to successfully activate my phone, but my Hot Spot keeps giving me an error that it can not connect to data...

Highlighted
Accomplice

If you can explain how to check this for you then I shall. I have the Unlimted plan and 12gb hotspot but I have never used  the hotspot. I just now went into the settings and turned on the Wifi hotspot.

Highlighted
Accomplice

its not WiFi, its a Hot Spot just to be clear. you can activate in Settings/Network &Internet/Hotspot...
Highlighted
Accomplice

Yep I figured that out:) its up and running.

Highlighted
Accomplice

May I ask how you activated and what SIM card you used?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Im using the SIM that the Boost Mobile Site stated I needed when I entered my IMEI...Boost G7 SIM Card Part # 2019-03-12 174504.jpg