Moto G7 issues

Go to solution
Accomplice

Re: Moto G7 issues

thanks for adding to the conversation. I may wait till I see the phone for sale on the Boost Website before I try another purchase. I had 2 G7's and both IMEI's could not be found by Activate/Swap. but I do feel the itch to try this but the restocking fee is holding me back:)

Enthusiast

Hello friend I have the solution for you, it is compatible and working good just call boost and ask them to send you this simcard SIMOLW516TQ it's the only one functionable with the Moto g7 I know it works because I'm using my Moto g7 right now.
Accomplice

I work at Best Buy and I just texted a work buddy to confirm for me if we have these. He did find that model # on a Sprint BYOD 4-pak. which is a new product that we just started selling couple days ago and they are not even on the sales floor yet, there just sitting in our warehouse. I just ordered a new G7 and picking it up tomorrow!!! you are my new best friend 🙂

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Glad to help but you would of been better of calling boost they would of given it to you for free I received it 3 days after I called them. That way they won't get you with the activation fee....
Accomplice

ugh.... 🙂 just got another new G7 and the sim card SIMOLW516TQ and using the Boost Mobile website 'Swap a device' still says the device is not eligible. 

Accomplice

ok cancel my last post about not getting it too work. After a 40 minute call to Boost and them giving me a 8 step processes to get it activated. We had to end the call cause I was talking on my only phone. but going thru the 8 step did not work. and I waited a bit and retried the 'swap my device' and finally got it too go thru after 1 hour and 16 minutes. what a pain in the Moto that was 🙂

Agent

Understood. We remain at your service. Please feel free to contact us if you have any question/concern or if there's anything else we can assist you with. We'll be more than happy to help!

Enthusiast

I got mine working with ZERO issues.  I bought my unlocked one from Best Buy, got the Sim Card kit from a Sprint Store.  

I called the automated number using my Google Voice account and with my G5+ shut off.  It activated right away.

Enthusiast

I just went to a Sprint Store to pick mine up...didnt want to wait for the 3 days.  But can confirm it works!

Accomplice

yep I got mine at Best Buy and the Sprint Sim kit also. I just kept getting the 'device not eligible'. Even the Boost Rep had a hard time. He had to hang up and told me to make a phone call to ##72786# to activate which did not work and after awhile I tried the 'swap your device' it worked. Now it works great. I am glad I decided to try activating a 3rd G7 I was about to cringe on returning my 3rd G7.