Moto G7 issues

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Moto G7 issues

I Bought the unlocked Moto G7 yesterday and cant get it hooked up to Boost Mobile. Motorola's specs for the Moto G7 says it's compatible with Boost and even online chatted with 2 Motorola Reps says yes it is compatible. Taking to 3 different Boost Mobile reps all say..... 'the Moto G7 is compatible but is not supported' and therefore not eligible. I tired soooo many times to do a device swap on the Boost Mobile website and get the 'this device is not eligible'. Anybody know if this phone will get support or be eligable to be on Boost Mobile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Moto G7 issues

Understood. It's possible that this device is compatible but since it was launched recently is possible that our network hasn't been adapted to accept this device yet. Unfortunately, at the moment we are not able to activate it. 

81 REPLIES 81
Agent

Hi, vikinghammer2! Thanks for contacting us.There're some unlock devices that are compatible with our network. Please visit our website to verify your device eligibility. https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNavRobot tonguehones:BringYourPhone

Accomplice

yes I have done this several times and it does say it's NOT eligible. I am just trying to figure why Motorolas website says the G7 is compatible. Your own reps say the G7 is compatible but not supported, what does that mean?

Agent

No all unlock devices have the CDMA requirement for activation of our to be activated on our network. 

Accomplice

Ok I accept that, somebody in Boost Mobile should tell Motorola to take down the Moto G7 spec's that state this phone is compatible, for which it is not. can you tell me where is the info on the CDMA requirements for Boost Mobile?

Accomplice

I am currently using a Moto G5s plus for the past year on Boost Mobile. and looking up the spec's of each phones network they look identical. 

Agent

Understood. It's possible that this device is compatible but since it was launched recently is possible that our network hasn't been adapted to accept this device yet. Unfortunately, at the moment we are not able to activate it. 

Groupie

I purchased a Moto g7 also.  It cost me $300 dollars.  Very disappointed because I did the exact same thing in contacting Boost Mobile and I thought that it would be ok to get connected using my old account to swap to the new phone.  Everytime that I try reaching customer service (which is a joke) I was told that my device wasn't a Boost product.  At this point I may have to return the phone and pay a fee.  The phone is really nice and I needed it to work with another system in my house.  If I can get connected with Boost, I will spread the word.

Accomplice

After calling Boost Mobile twice, chatting here, 3 different Motorola online support conversations and 3 different Sub Reddits I gave up and returned it and I even bought another G7 and had the Best Buy staff try to hook it up. When that failed I ended up paying  2 $35 restocking fee's..... Fun timesRobot Happy I am not sure who I am more angry at, Motorola for says its compatible with Boost or Boost for not supported a new product upon release.

Accomplice

I know I'm too late but maybe I can help someone else if no you but I came across the info at Amazon from someone that had a hard time getting his to work and I pasted down below.

None of the Boost Mobile sim card kits I found had the proper card, not even their own stores So if you don't want to wait for them to send you a card, go to Best Buy and get a Sprint bring your own phone sim card kit with part number SIMOLW516TQ. Once my IMEI was found on the Boost Mobile website, I just popped the card in and swapped phones. The G7 is a nice phone, one of the best in this price range.