Moto G6 play swap issues

Groupie

Moto G6 play swap issues

I bought two Moto G6 play unlocked on friday 9/14 as anniversary presents for my husband and I. I was told at the store that moto g6 was on the list of compatible phones and would have no issues swapping the phones. Wrong! I put the imei# and it says it can "NOT be swapped". I called customer service twice and they say the system cant read the imei# because its not compatible. They claim only the moto g6 is compatible not the moto g6 play. Now i looked up the list of phones compatible for boost provided by your company and sure enough moto g6 PLAY is listed. I then double check with the imei number in your compatibility checker and i get a "great news your device is compatible". But it wont swap. Im officially frustrated. I went back to the store to return the phones only to discover that the store wants to charge me $70 restocking fee because moto g6 PLAY is an eligible and compatible phone stated by your website. i cant afford to give away$70. Its a huge issue. Why wont it swap!!
6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Re: Moto G6 play swap issues

Hey there! So sorry to hear about this experience. We currently support the Moto G6 Play - Open market, which can be found at the Motorola website. If the phone is from a Specific carrier, it won’t be compatible with us. Can you please tell us where did you buy the device? Please provide us as much info as possible through a private message.

Groupie

Hey I just got a Moto g6 play today and a sim card activation kit as well. I'm having the same issue. Any ideas?
Accomplice

im currently having this problem with the brand new Moto G7

Agent

Hi, vikinghammer2! Thanks for contacting us.There're some unlock devices that are compatible with our network. Please visit our website to verify your device eligibility. https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNavRobot tonguehones:BringYourPhone

Accomplice

hello, I just replied to your comment on my post about this. your reps say the G7 is compatible but not supported, what does that mean?

Highlighted
Accomplice

having Boost Mobile reps tell me that the Moto G7 is compatible but not supported therefore its not eligible. Not sure why that statement confuses meRobot Happy