Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Moto G6 Play data connection

Highlighted
Agent

Re: Moto G6 Play data connection

I see. We would have to confirm with Motorola if there will be an update available for this device then. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

From what research I did over a month ago stated it was available and was up to the carrier service provider to make it available.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Motorola has no future plans on any updates for the g6 play after the release of the G7 making the G6 outdated and obsolete. I checked with Motorola way back when I was trying to fix the issue myself. If this is the case is boost Mobile going to provide a free upgrade for all of us who just bought the G6 play to the new G7 so we continue to receive all new version releases of the current Android OS?
Highlighted
Accomplice

From what I've read in forums across the internet is the option to root your device rendering the warranty void and flashing the update your self with a custom rom. I personally won't take that risk to find out.
Highlighted
Agent

I see, since we also found out that the update to Android Pie is not in their plans for the Moto G6 Play. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that you'll get the update because we will release it to this specific device; we only send updates we receive, and we have not received any from Motorola. But since it this seems to be a device issue, did you find other Moto G6 Play users with the same issue? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes, mainly boost and Sprint services but a lot of other G6 owners facing performance issues too. Is there a chance boost Mobile will provide a free phone upgrade to everyone with a G6 playto the G7 play dealing with these isssue without any future update releases? We paid for the phones and services and now it's unstabe and outdated rendering poor performance and coverage for it's services. Also what's going to happen when 5G is being used? Will our G6 play even work at all?
Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a free upgrade. If you have less than a year with the device, the phone has 1 year warranty for any malfunction or manufacturing issues it may have. If it is definitely a software issue affecting the performance, Motorola should release an update to fix it, or repair the affected devices if necessary. Did you already reach Motorola regarding the warranty? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

It was expired before I even bought the 2 G6 play phones from the boost Mobile store when I was checking the warranty information on the Motorola website. I do have insurance on both phones but if found defective only covers a small portion of the cost and then I would have to Shell out more money for 2 new phone again when I bought both of these less than a year ago Maybe about 6 months or less to be more accurate and kinda outraged about it.
Highlighted
Agent

If the phone has less than 12 months it should be covered under warranty. If the device is presenting some type of issue you should be able to replace it.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I'll contact Motorola again but when I checked with them about the warranty they said it was expired but I could purchase an extension..... I'm not paying for a warranty that wasn't valid when I purchased the phones. Maybe boost Mobile should contact Motorola about the warranty issue too. How many other Motorola devices through boost may have the same issue and unaware until they need it?