Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Moto G6 Play data connection

Highlighted
Accomplice

Moto G6 Play data connection

Even with 3 to 4 bars of signal the data connection is extremely slow and stops working pretty often. It's basically unusable. Is this fixable or is my device defective?
32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Moto G6 Play data connection

Sorry to hear that, ProtoPickles. Let’s do some investigating. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs? How long have you been experiencing this issue? Are you having issues with the voice and text messaging service?

Highlighted
Accomplice

It happens in Malvern, PA. Zip code 19355. The street is Aspen Lane. I just rejoined boost after a while. I used to have a Moto E LTE 2015 and that worked fine at this address. But yeah, voice and texting work.
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information. We've checked the coverage of the area and, fortunately, there are no outages over there. Are you getting any error message when using the internet? How many signal bars does the phone have? Does it show the LTE signal?

Accomplice

Yes, that info was in the op. I get 3 to 4 bars of LTE. It keeps telling me "your connection was reset" and "please check your internet connection" when browsing online.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Please, follow these steps to change the network mode on the phone: Settings> Network and Internet> Mobile Network> tap Preferred network type> select LTE/CDMA.

When complete, please do these steps to update the service: Settings> Network and Internet> Mobile Network> Advanced> Carrier settings> Update device config> tap OK. After that, please test the data service and let us know the outcome.

Highlighted
Accomplice

There doesn't seem to be an option for advanced settings.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It was somewhere else in the settings. I updated the prl and profile and it didn't make any difference. I'm just going going to try returning this phone at the store I got it from. Can I get a refund on my service? Considering I didn't even use it. (I activated it yesterday and it hasn't worked.)
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. In that case, please continue with the next step. When completed, please test the service and let us know the outcome.

Highlighted
Accomplice

What are you taking about? Are you a robot or something? I want a refund. It isn't working.
Highlighted
Agent

I see. We'd like to check your account so we can take a closer look. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".