Moto G Fast cannot receive calls

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Moto G Fast cannot receive calls

I recently swapped my phone to a Moto G Fast that I purchased from the boost website. Then it would not activate, I was told it was because there is no extended network in my area. Customer care then switched me back to my old plan and advised I needed a sim card to be on the 'nationwide' network.  (Which works great, been using it for 8 years.)  As advised, I purchased a sim card kit and installed the recommended card (SIMOLW516TQ). Went through activation, all seemed well. I have everything working on the G Fast except I cannot receive calls. When my number is called, callers get a 'not in service' message. I can send and receive texts,  and I can call out but no one can call me. Called back, ran through the ##873283# programming, with a success message, and updated my profile in sytem settings after as advised.  No incoming calls. I have checked every single setting on this phone - no airplane mode, no DND, no notifications turned off.  Always, No incoming calls. Seems odd that text works both ways.

I am at a loss. I suspect it is the sim card but cannot verify.  (The customer care person sent me a link, I bought the kit and installed the card it said to install. I noticed that on the motorola support site they said two sim cards work with the G Fast , the one I installed and the SIMOLW416Q.   Is the SIMOLW516TQ sim on the correct network for me? ) Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, msunderstood! Thank you for contacting us. So sorry about the trouble. We can definitely help you out with that. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, msunderstood! Thank you for contacting us. So sorry about the trouble. We can definitely help you out with that. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

I have the exact same phone with the exact same problem. I also changed the SIM as instructed by a service rep. 

The only difference is I can receive some calls but from only the Sprint network it seems. My wife has Sprint and I get her calls, but not calls or texts from off the network.

Misunderstood, did you get a solution to this?

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @tsmorton. Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Am I understanding correctly that you purchased the Moto G Fast from the Boost Mobile website and the SIM card it contained was NOT the correct one so you had to purchase another one?? If so, that's crazy!

I also just purchased the G Fast from the Boost website and seem to be experiencing similar issues. I did the switch thru my account but now no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to fully activate. So frustrated...
Highlighted
Groupie

Yes, in my case this is true. Boost has two networks now it seems. All their new phones have a SIM for the new Expanded Network, but that network is not available everywhere the old Nationwide network (Sprint) is, and that is my case. To get the G Fast to work in my area I had to BUY another SIM for the old Nationwide network and then activate my phone.   

However, I still cannot receive calls or texts from anyone that is not on the Sprint network (and sometimes not from anyone). It has been over two weeks since I activated with still no resolution. They say they are "Looking into it."

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Greetings, 

You are not alone.  I have had the EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE.  I mean exactly as you mentioned for about the same amount of time.  Activated on "enhanced" network, no coverage.  Purchased new sim card and had Boost authorized retailer install and reset phone.  Still no incoming calls.  Long time Boost customer looking for a solution including switching carriers.

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there milkmandbw. We definitely want to verify this for you. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code. victor21

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Call tech support. Have them Update your LRN.
Highlighted
Groupie

I have been having same issue. Is this all it will take to make this phone work? I have spent hours on phone trip to Boost mobile store.