Moto G Fast - SIM card locked

Go to solution
Highlighted

Moto G Fast - SIM card locked

I'm trying to activate a new phone for my mother, but after putting the Boost SIM from her old phone (Moto E4, bought through Boost) into the new one (also bought through Boost), and going through the "swap phones" process online, I keep getting a message saying "The SIM card has been locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer Service."

Well, power cycling hasn't helped at all, so here I am, contacting customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @centerflag982. Thanks for contacting us. Please, remove the old SIM card from the new phone and insert the new card that came with it. After that, power cycle the cellphone and test the service. Let us know if the problem persists.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @centerflag982. Thanks for contacting us. Please, remove the old SIM card from the new phone and insert the new card that came with it. After that, power cycle the cellphone and test the service. Let us know if the problem persists.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Okay, looks like that fixed it - didn't realize Boost SIMS weren't designed to be interchangeable. Thanks!

Highlighted
Agent

@centerflag982 We're glad to hear that. You're very welcome. Please, get back to us if you need further assistance. We remain at your service.