Moto E5 Plus carrier unlock

Highlighted
Accomplice

Moto E5 Plus carrier unlock

Hello, I was wondering if I would be able to get my Moto E5 Plus carrier unlocked. I'm going to be traveling outside of the country for a short work trip, and didn't want to have to purchase a brand new unlocked device from someone else just to be able to get a temporary sim card while I'm over there for the week or two I'll be gone. Am I able to get help for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, juniper_blkwood! Boost Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:
The device is SIM unlock capable
The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months
The associated account is active and in good standing
If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your DSU-capable device be unlocked, please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code, and the IMEI.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I meet all of those circumstances minus the device being active for 12 months, it's more around 7 months so far
Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, it can't be unlocked. Please let us know if you have any questions, or if we can be of further assistance.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Welp. Pretty unfortunate I have to purchase a whole new device just for a short trip since it isn't able to be unlocked. I'll keep this in mind when I get back on if I'll stay with you guys since I gotta buy something now to take with me