Moto E Strange Problems when making calls, customer service no help

Highlighted

Moto E Strange Problems when making calls, customer service no help

So, I purchased a Moto E from Boost Mobile a couple weeks ago. I thought it was a pretty sleek device, and was satisfied at first. But then I began getting CONSTANT text messages telling me my "Enhanced texting has been enabled." I ignored this, and blocked the number.

Then when I installed the recent Android update, after the installation/reboot, my wallpaper had been changed (from the default, which I was using). No idea why an update would change my wallpaper, but that raises the question: which other settings got changed that I don't know about?

So this brings me to the most infuriating problems I've experienced. Starting today, I finally began using it to make phone calls, specifically regarding important financial issues. Every time I was on a call, strange things would happen. The phone would start vibrating as I held it to my ear, and when I looked at the screen, I could see that the phone was navigating various menus, without me controlling it. Then it disconnected my call. This happened two times in a row. The second time, the phone also put itself on Do not Disturb mode, causing me to miss a returned call after my conversation was suddenly disconnected.

So then I began trying to contact Boost support. I was able to contact them on my device, but the woman who answered could barely speak English, and I couldn't understand about half of what she said. I ended the call, seeing it as a waste of time, since I could not even understand the customer service rep.

I then called again, but this time, the automated menu seemed to make it impossible for me to contact Boost Customer Service on my Moto E, I was told to use a separate phone. So I did that. I got through to a rep, and this time I was able to understand them, fortunately. However, I was informed that because of the ludicrous, anti-consumer policy of this "7 day warranty," that Boost would not offer a replacement or a refund, and that I had to call Motorola. I asked this representative, the following question, "So if Motorola won't do anything to replace my phone, I am basically just stuck with a defective device, is that right?" The man responded, "Yes, that is correct." Are you KIDDING ME?

So I called Motorola, as I was instructed. The only help Motorola gave me was to send me a link via e-mail about "requesting repairs." I don't need my phone repaired, it is not broken, it is in mint condition, it is brand new. I need a new phone or a refund, because this one is clearly showing signs of being defective. Additionally, during my call with Motorola, my Moto E device MUTED ME, and then began navigating through menus again, making it difficult to UNMUTE myself. For about 10 seconds, all I could hear was the rep saying "Hello? Hello?" while I fumbled through the menus trying to figure out why she couldn't hear me.

Before you say I may be touching the screen with my cheek or something like that, I will tell you that I have thought of this, and I became very conscious of holding the phone away from my face, and only resting the speaker on my ear. I was not touching buttons by mistake. I even tried pressing the hold screen button on the side of the phone to make sure that no buttons on the screen could be pressed by accident-- this had no effect whatsoever. The problems persisted.

Lastly, Boost sent me a text message "survey" asking how I would rate Boost. After all this, I gave them a 0/10. The automatic reply asked me to explain my rating. So I explained all of the above. But guess what? It's been about 20 minutes now, and the text STILL will not send.

Would absolutely love a refund of some kind, since this is downright unacceptable. I have never in my life had such problems with mobile devices/services. I really couldn't be more dissatisfied, and I honestly feel like I have been duped.  But I know you won't give me a refund, I'm just another rube who fell for your "LOOK HOW CHEAP OUR SERVICE IS" meme, and I'm stuck with a device that just sort of does whatever it wants while I'm conducting important business.

For shame.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

I'm so sorry we let you down, mkstarfishprime. We're always looking to provide the best experience for our customers. Might you be up for sending me a private message? I'd love to know more about your experience and how we can make it better.

Highlighted
Promoter
Highlighted

Hi, emanuelrv! How can we help you?