IMS registration status says I'm not registered or is false. What does that mean? Motog6 play

Highlighted
Accomplice

IMS registration status says I'm not registered or is false. What does that mean? Motog6 play

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Accomplice

Are u referring to doing a Factory Reset of the phone? Or the network?

Boost Care reset and reconfigured everything to do with the network from their end, as well as mine, twice now. Each time it seemed to have fixed the no data/slow data connection, but only for a short time.

As for the phone, I was hoping to get an answer as to what the problem might be before doing a Factory Reset, unless that is my only option at this point
Highlighted
Accomplice

Just as I went to post that, I received the following error:.

The site can't be reached
The connection was reset.
TRY:
Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

TO ADD:. MY PHONE JUST AUTOMATICALLY DID A BUG REPORT, WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY HELP. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN SEND IT TO YOU
Highlighted

Thanks for that information, Berlynn_4667! Sorry for the late reply!

The issue you're having with your Motorola seems to be related to the phone's software. Therefore, we highly suggest you to try using a master reset to check if that resolves the issue.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Hozuki_Robert

Highlighted
Accomplice

How do you do a master reset?
Highlighted
Accomplice

One last thing before I do the factory reset.... I just did a network test, and it shows my IP address as (66.__.164.__), Portland, U.S.; Network: Sprint, Tacoma, WA;. LTE:. Boost Mobile......but the info in my phone under Settings/SIM Info shows IP address as (192.__.0.__).

Please let me know if that changes anything. If not, I'll perform the factory reset. Thank you
Highlighted

- @Shawnb822: To learn how to carry out a master reset, please visit: https://bit.ly/2ILPYgu.

Please let us know if this fixed the issue on your Motorola G6 Play.

- @ Berlynn_4667: The IP address varies depending on your location and the network you're connected to. After performing the master reset, check if you notice any changes.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Hozuki_Robert

Highlighted
Accomplice

Nothing resolved after reset. Mms messages is not working. IMS registration status is still not registered.
Highlighted
Agent

Is your device software up to date? 

-Tap the Settings icon.

-Scroll to and tap About phone.

-Tap System updates.

-The device will check for updates. @Shawnb822

Accomplice

Ok I'll check
Highlighted
Accomplice

Everything is up to date